PDA

View Full Version : Power steering bleeding

MUGTS
02-15-2010, 04:57 AM
What's the best way to bleed the power steering sys and replace the belt.

Thanks, Mark

4thgenceli
02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Well replacing the belt is replacing the belt. Loosen the power steering pump bolt, swing it down, replace belt, ensure proper tightening of belt.

Bleeding the system is simple. Top off the reservoir to the Full mark. Replace cap, start engine. Turn steering wheel all the way to the stops left & right a few times. Check reservoir, top off if necessary. Continue until you no longer need to add fluid.

donteatbugs
02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
hmmm, im guessing this is on a 7th gen? if so you will need a 19mm box end 6 point wrench to hold the tensioner while you take the belt off. i suggest double wrenching it too.to bleed the power steering it is the same as mentioned above. i use dextron trans fluid in mine. if you want to drain all the fluid out then the best way i found to do it is to use a fluid transfer pump and suck it up the resivior lines. refill the system, bleed the air and your good to go. recheck the fluid level the next day after driving. it may have gone down some.

jaydog82
02-16-2010, 04:02 AM
its best to leave the PS cap off when bleeding it, turn the st wheel almost all the way one side and hold it , then the other side. and so on , check the fluid level ever other time or so and top off.