PDA

View Full Version : another newbie thread, but with a problem :(

sxr
02-12-2010, 01:28 PM
hii all

few months ago finally got around to purchasing myself my first car. I was originally going for a '95-97 Supra but I'm very specific as to what I want with a Supra, so cost was an issue. I decided to leave my dream car until I could afford the best.

I settled for this beautiful 1998 Celica SX-R 2.2L Manual with 168,000k's @ Subaru. Got a good price and away I went. To date, all I have done is install a new head unit but I have plans to install a cold intake unit, upgraded suspension and light weight jap wheels at some point.

Over the past month or so though, I've been scratching my head about the fuel consumption. I have been averaging 440 - 480 km's per tank. Sure, sometimes I'll give the car a squeeze at the lights and all, but I drive pretty sensibly. I drive to Tafe (which is straight on the freeway) each day and home, and to work, and to the gf's house and just around local places. So it's not like the car is being put through hard drives.

Is this right for a 60L tank? I feel like I should be doing alot more k's per tank....

Please let me know what any of you experts think. I'm pretty worried about this and Toyota can't seem to give me an answer..

celicaturbo700
02-12-2010, 03:25 PM
according to my calculations in US gallons your getting 28 miles a gallon which is pretty good. sounds like it should be higher but my 5th gen got around the same mileage.

Hookecho
02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
if it's 28mpg then you're doing good. i tune up and a new o2 sensor could get you a little better mileage.

6gen91
02-16-2010, 02:11 AM
ya thats actually decent, im lucky if i get 20 with the way i drive considering i beat on the car ;)

85gtsblackman
02-17-2010, 07:05 AM
40 hwy

32 city

28 while delivering pizzas