PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Maleek
02-07-2010, 06:46 AM
hey guys, looking for some advice here,

Used to own a Celica, wrote it off, and then bought a civic. I wasn't happy with the civic so I'm looking at buying an mr2. Being that i'm in canada, Turbo mr2's arent easy to find ( unless rhd, which i don't want ) and if you do happen to find one, asking prices are easily 10k+ But i can easily find an n/a mr2, for 3-4 thousand dollars, and then do a swap.

So what i'm asking here, is it worth doing a swap? I've signed up on mr2oc and done some research. Some people say its hard, some say its not. Is it worth it??
Thanks guys.

Also can anybody tell me about these cars, are they fun to drive? hard to work on?

geebes
02-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Just get a RHD Turbo...you will be JDM tight. Or, since you are in canada, get a GTfour.

Colossus20v
02-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Hard to work on, yes but mainly because the space is so tight.

Pretty much you can swap it and it has been done enough times that people are more than willing to offer advice and help. Most people will recommend getting a clip and just transfering the parts over. People recommend doing a swap this way because then you have everything you need and it is pretty straight forward.

I hope this helps.