PDA

View Full Version : hello

earl_p
02-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Hello every one my name is earl and im new to the celica scene i have just recently bought a 1988 celica all-trac the car lot i bought it from didnt know what they had but newayz they had 1200.00 marked on the car and i jewed them down to 600 cash so now im the new proud owner of a all-trac celica it has a new turbo, a GReddy type s bov, 3in down pipe, and 3in exaust with no muffler,,it has a couple of problems tho at a dead stop when u take off hard it does good n 1st but when u shift to 2nd it kinda sputters like its hitting the fuel cut off i put a boost gauge on it and it only tops out at 5psi so i dont think it could be that unless my fuel pump cannot keep up...i dont really know too much about celicas thats why im here..i do know quite abit about turbo cars ive had a 87 supra turbo,2 tsi talons, and a ford probe gt it had a 2.2 turbo...any help would be great

CollapsedNut
02-06-2010, 11:24 PM
WoW nice find. Welcome aboard!

Shadowlife25
02-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Try this:

Do NOT boost in 1st gear.
At 2800rpm in 2nd gear, begin boosting.

My Alltrac also kicks itself into safe mode if I boost it in 1st gear.
Safe Mode is what limit's you to 5psi as a safety.

Also remember that there is no real load on the engine in 1st and 2nd gears.
This is why when setting a boost controller it is always recommended to do so in 3rd gear or above.

Temperatures also play a part.
It will not boost fully if the car is not fully warmed up (NOT) and external temps are not within minimum spec according to the AFM.

Basically, there are more than a couple variables.
Do what I suggested and take it easy through 1st and 2nd gears, THEN try boosting.
Just be sure you aren't boosting before 2800rpm or it can be an annoyance.

I would also recommend pulling your engine codes to verify that there are none present, or to see which ones are there.

Welcome to C-Tech! :)