View Full Version : Is it worth it?

02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Needs 'new piston rings' according to owner. No IC, no air intake. What you see is what you get. Dood's asking $500 for it, I replied offering $300.




02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes! I'd buy it no hesitation if it was close to me.

02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
i prolly wudnt. not until you finish your first project at least.

02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
That's what I'm thinking, but I'm close to finishing now though. I'm really thinking if buying it, and just throwing it in the driveway to hold onto (if he gets back to me).

02-01-2010, 04:55 PM
that may work tim. your first project is so close id hate for you to get sidetracked and miss the dragon. we need more 4th gen love.

02-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm still hesitant on the dragon though, check my reasoning why in the dragon thread if you're curious.

02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
yea i saw that. but from what i see most people tend to focus on the new project. finish up jasmine. i cant wait to see that car finished.

02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
ha! I would buy that and put your third gen in that... much more exciting than fwd!

02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
For the cost, definitely worth it. It's worth more in parts in the worst case.

But for your personal situation, i dunno. Like luni once said, "I need another project like I need another hole in my head"

So yeah, how ambitious are you feeling?

(obviously it would be nice to see a 165 get saved from the wreckers)

02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
ha! I would buy that and put your third gen in that... much more exciting than fwd!
What 3rd gen? I have a gen4 engine going in my gen4 celica.

I just don't wanna see it hit the junker, hell the damn manifold & turbo is worth the asking price alone.

02-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Shit, get it. If you decide you don't want it later, I'll buy it from you.

02-01-2010, 07:51 PM
i would buy it just for the parts let alone its a 165. i would seriously debate putting the engine you have in it. if it was near me i would buy it with out thinking.

02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
That's a good buy for a 165. It looks to be in decent shape. I'd buy it and put it back for right now, or sell it Chris later!:sunshine: