PDA

View Full Version : How often do you clean your interior?

Blackcloud
01-30-2010, 02:27 AM
how often do you clean your interior?

Blackcloud
01-30-2010, 02:32 AM
do mine whenever its needed.. doing my line of work i can go from living out of my truck and getting it trashed.. to being able to keep it clean... changes from week to week

klapa
01-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Well - I DO have the "best intentions" but must admit that I normally wait for some fateful event the requires the cleaning of my interior to actually ream the thing out.

I hate to admit it - but one of my own mother's favorite expressions is "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Physlis
01-30-2010, 03:16 AM
During the winter I'll usually do it if the center console where I keep my change is getting kinda iffy (gets dirty the quickest). Then I'll hit the whole thing and Armor-All/Windex it. Summer I'm more thorough though and definitely once or twice a month if not more.

DudeMan
01-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Usually when I can start seeing dust on my dash.

Otherwise I just generally keep my interiors clean, don't like clutter.

KM
01-30-2010, 03:44 AM
Every time I wash my car, which is usually once a week.
I'm already using a bag to cover up my air filter, so when I'm done with the engine bay and exterior, I go over the interior and pick up whatever small trash is behind my seat and in my console.
I have a giant box overfilled with cleaning supplies... soaps, waxes, claybars, armor-all, windex, carpet shampoo, back to black, rainx, brake cleaner, etc. My detailing process takes a while.

lburner
01-30-2010, 04:06 AM
i try to do it when it get dirty but its to cold to be doing anything now days........

Mafix
01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
i can't vote. there is no option for "what interior"

Shadowlife25
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
There is now..... :D

ChrisD
02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I would say my interior is never dirty per se....I don't leave things in there, esp. garbage and stuff like that. I do dust it on a when it needs it basis, but I keep the duster in the car so it still never gets dirty...

extremeskillz
02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
i don't eat or drink in my car and usually give the interior a one over once a week.

joe's gt
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I would say my interior is never dirty per se....I don't leave things in there, esp. garbage and stuff like that. I do dust it on a when it needs it basis, but I keep the duster in the car so it still never gets dirty...

Wut do you use to dust it Chris? That's the main reason my interior always looks dirty. For some reason my interior is a dust magnet.

The Captain
02-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Dirt is afraid of my car.

grayscale
02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Dirt is afraid of my car.

:lolhitting:

Hookecho
02-03-2010, 11:05 PM
i wash my patrol car everyday. i clean it out every day too. as for my personal vehicles i clean them when i wash them. that's about twice a month.

Mafix
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
yay i can vote now!

187flatliner
02-10-2010, 08:31 AM
i wash and wax and shampoo once a week for free at work.....isnt that great....lol:naughty:

Mafix
02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
rofl i'm the only vote for no interior!

leoccl86
03-09-2010, 05:06 PM
never dirty, never will be. yet i still clean it every week. i'm a clean freak! lol

T-spoon
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I actually used to clean the interior every week or two. Even though I keep my cars clear of trash etc. vacuuming and wiping down the dash and panels is nice. Sadly my motivation to do any of that has disappeared living in a place it feels like it doesn't matter.

Murgatroy
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I do a top to bottom detail of Chaos about once a year, right before the Dragon.

Otherwise she stays pretty clean. I keep a trash bag in all my cars for daily accumulation, and I replace it about once a month. Since she hasn't been driven in so long, there has been no point in cleaning her.

Every year before the Dragon, I take and wash her, then detail the interior. Until recently, that was pretty much the only time she ever got let out of her 'cage.'

For the last month I have been driving her every day, and as such I have tossed about $2k at her, but she still hasn't been washed or detailed.

MCcelica
05-28-2010, 01:02 AM
I just go whenever she needs it... which winds up being about once a week as "whenever she needs it" means to me, "Once it drives me crazy". I always dump small trash stuffs off at the gas pump, and vacuum out all the time. Exterior... different story.

bloodMoney
06-21-2010, 06:14 PM
^ exactly. I try to get in there with a vacuum at least twice a month, but with as busy as I've been the last few months, it's been whenever it starts to bother me.

As far as I'm concerned, I spend a lot of time in my car, I shouldn't feel claustrophobic(sp?) in it.

d1alltrac
06-29-2010, 09:10 AM
I do a full interior detail about once a month but I vacuum and dust every time I wash the car.

on a side note, armor all is not allowed within 10 feet of any car I own, lol, that stuff is just grease in a bottle if you ask me. 303 or nothing, try it and you'll never go back.

MCcelica
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm actually in the midst of cleaning up the truck. This is a multiple day project. Truck was previously owned by an alcoholic who was also a smoker. That being said, I can sit in the truck for 5 minutes, and smell like I've been at the junk yard all day. That's completely unsat for me. I mean, the carpet is HARD because of oil thats been ground in and baked to a crisp. SO! Sunday I started attacking it with a ratchet and a screw driver. Took all except the driver seat out and vacuumed. Yesterday I continued my ratchet and screwdriver attack and took out the entirety of the dashboard, HVAC tubing, and blower motor. I also rented a rug doctor and two of the biggest bottles of soap I could get, in preparation for today. Today will be trying to get all the crap out of the carpet. I have various HVAC tube bits literally soaking in the sink. After the shampoo I'm wiping down what I couldn't remove. Thursday and friday will be re-installing days. I'm cleaning the bejesus out of everything. And after I'm done I will DARE ANYONE... to find a single speck of dirt in that truck.

JDM SNUKUMZ
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
I clean my car once a week and it gets a full detail

Maikeru
07-27-2010, 05:55 AM
My Celica...once a year. It's basically turned into part transport/DD. I get quite dirty at my job and my seats are stained to shit along with my carpet.

My Roadster on the other hand is about once every two weeks.