PDA

View Full Version : Living in hotels blows.

MCcelica
01-29-2010, 02:41 AM
So I'm living in a hotel. And what that means is I'm not allowed to work on my car on the parking lot... which I wouldn't anyway cause its cold and snowing and... I don't wanna. But alas I knew I needed at least a strut mount, a tire, some brakes, and a few other things for the 7th gen. All OE equipment since she's a daily while the 6g is my autox queen. Sooooooo $1,200 and some change later I now have a happy 7th gen. That's even after my military discount! :eek!: But looking at the bright side. I now have lifetime alignments at the firestone. (There wasn't a firestone where I lived before, hence why I never had one till now). But to think of how much cheaper that would have been had I had my own place already makes me haz a sad.

Murgatroy
01-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Glad to have you back stateside.

rizin
01-29-2010, 03:13 AM
I know what ya mean fifth wheel living is not much better.

MCcelica
01-29-2010, 03:55 AM
Thanks Murgy!

Rizin, you can cook your own food in a fifth wheel! But your point still remains.

donteatbugs
01-29-2010, 04:47 AM
that sucks, the would have been like 300 if you did it yourself.

MCcelica
01-29-2010, 05:09 AM
I know right? frown

Hookecho
01-29-2010, 05:41 AM
you should of worked on it in the part store parking lot.

RIalltrac
01-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Out of curiosity....but your still enlisted correct? Do they not have a hobby shop at your base? I cant tell you how many times I used Jeremy's (alltracman78) military status to get onto the local airforce base up here and use the hobby shop.....Its like 4 bucks an hour to use a bay in the shop which includes shop air, lift and tons of other various items around the shop....

MCcelica
01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Hook, that would have been damn funny. But again. It's cold, snowing, and a parking lot woulda sucked! Hahaha I woulda done it if that was an option.

RIalltrac, my base DID have one. That was taken over by the firestone I went to though. They had some AAFES personnel there to help, but not a lot got done there. So the BX swapped it for firestone.

RIalltrac
01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
that sucks....has to be one of the coolest perks I've ever seen as far as the military is concerned...but I'm biased towards car stuff, so I'm sure there are other perks I dont even know about.

CriScO
01-29-2010, 08:07 PM
you should of worked on it in the part store parking lot.
That's actually illeagal in the city of Golden, not sure about Ft. Collins where he is. It generally isn't enforced though.

I still let people as long as it's not something stupid messy like changing their oil/coolant. Hell, I had the coupe on jackstands in the lot for like a week once... :sneak:

But if possible to make the drive, come down this way. I can always find somewhere to do stuff.

klapa
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
RIalltrac, my base DID have one. That was taken over by the firestone I went to though. They had some AAFES personnel there to help, but not a lot got done there. So the BX swapped it for firestone.

Well - that really sucks man! I take it that you are USAF (by the use of "BX") like I was.

I always had access to a hobby shop like RIAllTrac calls it - on both my stateside assignments at Chanute AFB, IL. and Robbins FAB, GA. They were both kind of a PITA ina way - as one had to completely drain the car's gas tank if it was left in the shop overnight! Which was kind of stupid - as anybody knows that an empty gas tank is MUCH more of an explosion hazard that a full one.

Still - the access to a lift, and other machines really hepled me - as when I was an AB (Airman, Basic) at Lackland AFB - I made $360 per month!

It's pretty sad if such is no longer provided to those people that need it the most - the enlisted guys (like I was).

MCcelica
01-31-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm not in the USAF. I am currently on an air force base however.