PDA

View Full Version : The Bunny Maneuver/speeding

PittsburghCeli
01-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Let me just say that I drive too much. Yesterday some lady realized she was in the wrong lane and swerved from the right lane almost into me, I hit the horn and she continue to go over curbs, gas it and pass me. Some people amaze me.

Anyways, the bunny manuever goes like this. You want to go fast but you don't want to get a ticket and you don't want to try that hard to speed. I mean I know all the roads and hidding places in the tri-state basically, but I don't really want to have to try that hard checking them and slowing down for each one, then bursting to the next possible radar catch spot which is the burst technique btw. Sometimes I might do 100 and other times on the same road I might do the speed limit, just depends what you can see to elude radar and the road conditions holding you back. Rarely do I get passed when trying to go fast and bursting, but when I do, I definitely deploy the bunny maneuver by following a good distance behind and matching speed. By doing this the person in front of you will get the ticket. I just did it again today following some van with new york plates, this dude was flying so I let him be the bunny while I followed like a big bad dirty dog and he actually got out of sight due to traffic, so I let that bunny go. About a minute or so later I see him pulled over getting a ticket by the state police. A couple toots on the horn is always appropiate while going past; yeehaw or hawhaw might be too much. lol

I have been following idiots for years, doesn't mean they are faster.

Figured I would share the manuever/technique.

I also have a radar scrambling detector, but I don't put any faith in detectors because they go off at the same time that you see the cops because the cops know people have detectors so they hit you at almost a 90degree angle behind an overpass or just over the peak of a hill so the detector doesn't go off until you see them. A good set of eyes is just as good, just have to know how to read the road conditions for radar, plus knowing the road helps. When you come over the the peak they are right on the other side or they are hiding behind an overpass usually. The cool thing about my radar scrambler is when they post your speed on the side of the road, you can see it being scrambled when I drive past.

Be careful out there in the rat race. It's not a race!

Murgatroy
01-27-2010, 04:12 AM
In my experience the car in the rear gets pulled over cause it is easier to get to.

PittsburghCeli
01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
^Might be following too close. Got to be back far enough that the guy barely knows you are there, but close enough that some amateur doesn't get into your space cushion, and far back enough that the police are already pulling out concentrated on the first guy. Look for hard braking and then do the speed limit past the spot. The bunny always hits the brakes past the police.

Fuelish
01-27-2010, 10:18 PM
In my experience the car in the rear gets pulled over cause it is easier to get to. My experience is that the car with out of state plates gets pulled over. #@(& Virginia State Police !!!! I was in THE MIDDLE of a pack of about a dozen cars traveling south through Royal Front (Front Royal ??? ... dumarse name either way) on the interstate, and got pulled over ..... TN tags FTL, in that case..... cost me hundreds (and they knew I wouldn't fight it 'cause it wasn't worth taking the time and driving the miles to do so). Be careful when DOOS - driving out of state

Murgatroy
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I had in state tags, leading a pack of cars with out of state tags. I got pulled over. And let go.

Catch and release FTW.

PittsburghCeli
01-28-2010, 02:16 AM
How about those points? They suck worse than the fine. I got a ticket last year for 4 points by some local cop which are worse than state. If I get another ticket or a total of 7 points, I will have to take a test again. My point is that when I got points I do the speed limit and when I don't, then I can afford a ticket and don't really care about the speed limit. Points hold me back for 1 year or so until they go away (1 per year) and the state police never really give points unless you are an ass, but those local cops are bad news. My geico insurance nevers goes up like some people say it will after a ticket.

The end of the summer I basically got strip searched in the middle of the street just for driving in the wrong neighborhood. There was a blunt roach in the ash tray but they didn't find it for some reason and I didn't put it there. By the time they were done, I had to zip my pants and fix my underwear. I had points so I cooperated, otherwise I would have been a dick and wasted their time.

How about cameras and a speed gun, then you get mailed a ticket? What state is that? I would have to move!

Murgatroy
01-28-2010, 02:20 AM
I just tend to follow the speed limit and obey all traffic laws.

It really is that simple.

Hookecho
01-28-2010, 02:56 AM
the only time i have a problem with speeders is when they haul ass through neighborhoods or on streets that have public sidewalks full of people. speeding and weaving in and out of traffic on highways during daylight hours is not smart either. the motorists that haul ass on the highways and interstates late at night when traffic is light don't bother me. it can still be dangerous though.

i don't make traffic stops on the interstate. simply because i don't want to get hit by a car. for the same reason i don't get into vehicle pursuits and i don't get into a hurry going to calls unless it's a felony in progress or someone's life is in danger. even then i have to be very careful. of the 120 officer deaths last year 47 were vehicle accidents and 9 were vehicle assaults.

i think they should change the laws regarding interstate and highway speed limits from 12am - 5am to allow motorists to travel at higher speeds. it would give enthusiasts a chance to open up the throttle and not put alot of other motorists in danger.

Lonestag
01-28-2010, 03:11 AM
I agree completely with Hookechoo, I think after maybe 10pm, speeders would have immunity as long as they were on the interstate and very light traffic.

I don't think I would speed nearly as much if I could just open her up and get a little steam out once in a while.

PittsburghCeli
01-28-2010, 03:16 AM
How about I caught someone try to bunny me today...from a stop light they are in the left lane blocking faster traffic from breezing through the green light, then they floor it on the green light then pull ahead of me in the right hand lane and we drive for a while and they top off at 60mph for about a minute, I want to do 61mph so I pass and stay at 70mph for a good 30 seconds to a minute then look to get back over in the right hand lane because after doing 70mph for a minute and passing someone doing a steady 60mph I should be able to get over, but I look over and this amateur is sitting 10 feet back right next to me no other traffic around so I get over anyways even though it's close and I only let it get closer by slowing down to a steady 65mph, of course they can pass in the passing lane and do 70 ahead of me but they never do. I don't mind people following me but I hate when they noticeably give it gas to match my speed.

When I am the leader, I am the fox not the bunny and the dogs will be lost:)

I also hate when people see I am about to change lanes and they change lanes early and floor it to cut you off, then you have to pull in right on their bumper (so you don't lose as much inertia) and wait for them to get over because they are really slower than what you want to do, they were just not being very courteous for a minute. Discourteousness is contageous and courteousness is also.

Speeding/auto accidents is the #1 cause of death in America so be careful because it's the easiest way to die.

jaydog82
01-28-2010, 04:05 AM
i think you got it right Hookecho. years ago i had to be at work at 5am, i would drive pretty fast because no one was on the road, it was fun.

187flatliner
02-12-2010, 05:13 PM
did u noe that you can actually foil the radars?......yeah truckers use this and for the fellow whos a cop....try it out.......have someone put tin foil on the grill somewhere and clock the radar at them it should be 20mph lower then what their really goin.

4thgenceli
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
did u noe that you can actually foil the radars?......yeah truckers use this and for the fellow whos a cop....try it out.......have someone put tin foil on the grill somewhere and clock the radar at them it should be 20mph lower then what their really goin.

http://ui29.gamespot.com/156/mythwalrus_2.jpg

They did a whole show to busting these things. None of them worked. The police radar uses flat surfaces to bounce the signal back & forth. Being reflective does nothing to the radar at all.

mr2tmb
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
My experience is that the car with out of state plates gets pulled over. #@(& Virginia State Police !!!! I was in THE MIDDLE of a pack of about a dozen cars traveling south through Royal Front (Front Royal ??? ... dumarse name either way) on the interstate, and got pulled over ..... TN tags FTL, in that case..... cost me hundreds (and they knew I wouldn't fight it 'cause it wasn't worth taking the time and driving the miles to do so). Be careful when DOOS - driving out of state

Same thing happened to me in Texas. And i was driving a gold minivan. I thought i was invisible in a gold minivan

grayscale
02-13-2010, 01:43 AM
I had in state tags, leading a pack of cars with out of state tags. I got pulled over. And let go.

Catch and release FTW.

:lmao: