PDA

View Full Version : 2010-Interior/Exterior Plans

Colossus20v
01-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Post up plans you have for your interior or exterior of your car for 2010!

I just want to get some discussion going. Please just post your plans as you can post your progress in your "My Project" section for your car specifically or just give us the cliff notes and link to your project thread.

The intent of this thread is to get member's plans for 2010 in a thread. Please keep it on topic.

METDeath
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Wash my car, paint my mud guards a shiny black to match the paint. Possibly get some new wheels if I can find anything I like that's 16x8+35.

Colossus20v
01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
No one else has any plans? I guess CTech is all go and no show?

klapa
01-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I have lots of "plans" for the interior and exterior of my GT - but not quite sure if I can bankroll those plans.

The GT is my "road car" and has been setup pretty well mechanically by the previous ownder - rebuilt engine, new suspension, two sets of wheels and tires, good exhaust.

Yet it is an older car and the interior shows it to some degree. I don't have a camera handy but you can get a look at my interior here:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44590

The car really needs new visors and a headliner - and the seat covers leave something to be desired for me - note that while I have a "need for speed" - here in my "reclining years" I also have a desire for luxury.

Thus my primary focus for this car is the interior. I had thought about getting some of those leather seat cover kits from eBay shown in another thread here - until someone (I think Murgatroy) here planted the "seeds of envy" in my heart by suggesting that ST184 power seats would be a much better choice to renovate. Now - I just can't do without them!

So re-doing my GT interior is #1 on my list for "car projects" this year.

I also need to have some exterior work done on the same car - the trunk lid has problems - the car was hit in the rear in the past and the trunk has a bad spot and also closes kind of "wonky" - the passenger side hinge seems to be knocked a bit out of place. The piece below the trunk lid and above the bumper is cracked as well - it needs to be either repaired or replaced.

90CelicaST
01-26-2010, 11:08 PM
No interior plans. Unless you call taking out the cluster and fixing the gas hand a plan.

Exterior: Paint, fix dog-eared trunk corner, fix roof(P.O. somehow dented it and creased the bottom of the dent)

Shadowlife25
01-27-2010, 11:19 AM
To elaborate on my plans for 2010:

I want to re-cover the interior with Black Alcantra/MicroSuede.
Seat centers will be perforated and outer sections and head rests will be solid.
Piping and stitching will be bright red.

I also plan to redo the center console/door panels and dash in the same material.
It will be solid with red piping or stitching. Only the door panel inserts will get perforated Alcantra/MicroSuede.

I will also hopefully weld the sunroof shut and use a non-sunroof headliner covered in black Alcantra/MicroSuede also.

Long term plans for the exterior include a couple surprises, but one will be new paint.
Lord knows she needs it. :)

Murgatroy
01-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Gets some new multi-colored body panels.

METDeath
01-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Gets some new multi-colored body panels.

I really think you need to either get some gray, or blue panels.

Murgatroy
01-28-2010, 03:13 AM
I have a grey hood and a primer grey decklid and rear panel.

I need white, blue, teal and black.

Grey, red and maroon are covered.

Okctrd
01-29-2010, 01:00 AM
i plan on getting kyb's in the summer. and keep the exterior nice and shiny.

Physlis
01-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Gettin' the parts together to do a major suspension upgrade; swaybars, strut braces, coilovers. Also plan on putting in a short shifter, intake, full exhaust system and a TB spacer. For looks I'm putting on power folding mirrors and might be getting wheel spacers for the rear and a new spoiler. Once I get all the parts together it's all goin' in at one time so expect to see it in 'My Projects'.

*for some reason I think I'm forgetting something....

Nitro_Alltrac
01-31-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm going to do wheels this year. I've got three good ones on the son's old car and I'm going to get one new one. They're Konig Incidents. Not exactly what I want but I can't beat the price.

I also need to do some wet sanding and buffing on the paint. I got a couple of runs in it when i painted last year.

I'm also thinking about putting a strobe stripe on it. What I mean by this is something like the stripe that came on the early 70's Cudas. It starts out dashed at the rear and goes to solid, pointed stripe toward the front. Murg will probably know what I'm talking about. There's a Tiburon in town that has one and I like the way that it looks. I think it will go well on the 5th gen. I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about.

StattComp
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
i like my carbon fiber...wrapping select parts of my dash...radio bezel, air vents and shift surround....then i'll try the console lid

Flux
02-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I have a few things i might be able to budget in.

-Lower it about 1" to 1.5"
-Rear Sway Bar
-Window Tint
-Hopefully some Rain Guards
-I want to get some 16x7's that will match flush with the body. Dont really want to use spacers...

DudeMan
02-05-2010, 01:20 AM
My chassis is shot. Basically just a rusty piece of shit.

This year I'll try and at least repair whats on the outside so the car isn't full of gaping holes anymore, but I don't want to spend a lot of money doing this. I'm hoping to one day find another shell but I think it will be fun to try.

Exterior:

-Get rid of as much rust as possible and coat underbody.
-Cut off several rusted body panels, make new ones from sheet metal, weld them on.
-Sand and paint car.
-Put everything back together. (RC bumper)

Interior:

-Since its nearly completely stripped right now, everything will be thoroughly washed, steam cleaned, vacuumed etc.
-Put interior back together.
-Paint that black trim piece around the gauge cluster silver. Not the one on the outside but under the plastic screen.
-Move my TVSV LED's from the shifter trim to somewhere more eye level.
-Try and fix the tear in the driver seat.

METDeath
02-05-2010, 01:25 AM
I have a few things i might be able to budget in.

-Lower it about 1" to 1.5"
-Rear Sway Bar
-Window Tint
-Hopefully some Rain Guards
-I want to get some 16x7's that will match flush with the body. Dont really want to use spacers...

For the sway bar, go with Suspension Techniques, as for the wheels, look for something between a +40 to a +35 offset.

dynamic73
02-05-2010, 06:40 PM
No one else has any plans? I guess CTech is all go and no show?

I've worked on my car for 7 years now. If it doesn't look good enough now. Then it never will. I think I've done enough. I'm moving on to other projects.

Shadowlife25
02-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I've worked on my car for 7 years now. If it doesn't look good enough now. Then it never will. I think I've done enough. I'm moving on to other projects.

Yeah, I'd agree your car is basically done.

If there is something you have yet to do on it, I didn't see it last year... :)

Murgatroy
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm going to do wheels this year. I've got three good ones on the son's old car and I'm going to get one new one. They're Konig Incidents. Not exactly what I want but I can't beat the price.

I also need to do some wet sanding and buffing on the paint. I got a couple of runs in it when i painted last year.

I'm also thinking about putting a strobe stripe on it. What I mean by this is something like the stripe that came on the early 70's Cudas. It starts out dashed at the rear and goes to solid, pointed stripe toward the front. Murg will probably know what I'm talking about. There's a Tiburon in town that has one and I like the way that it looks. I think it will go well on the 5th gen. I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about.

They are called 'billboards.' They were normally solid at the rear and dashed to the front.

Murgatroy
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I am doing coilovers and new tires. I am gonna do a patch panel on my driver's rocker. Some nice shiny sheet metal and rivets! Probably be looking for some widebody fenders. Get a factory strut brace. Ball Joints and tie rods. Run some zip ties up my busted nosepiece.

4thgenceli
02-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Not sure on interior yet, I'm going to focus to get the drivetrain done, then spruce up the exterior.

After drivetrain and stoptrain is completed, I'll look into a paint job. I'll be removing the black trim around the body as well.

After Swap's done, I'm going to put in a vent/scoop (the gt4).

Scoop desired:
http://www.frpbodykits.com/products/images/universal/sc9495.jpg

As pictured on a GT4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/celiman89/07400786.jpg

Colors I'm juggling right now are the original stock color:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/celiman89/toyota_celica_86_8G2_01.jpg

Or going back to a nice deeper blue one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/celiman89/toyota_celica_86_8G1_01.jpg

Nitro_Alltrac
02-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I've seen that vent/scope on a 4th gen somewhere. It looks good.

extremeskillz
02-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Go midnight blue!

grayscale
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
New front windshield- over 300k miles ftl. It looks like somebody sandblasted it.
Get my tint redone. I think it was done in 1998, IIRC, and it's way past it's expiration date.
Remove 92 GTS bumper cover in favor of a 92 GT, fogs also. Mod GT cover a little. I think that's about all the budget could handle for the year.
I'd like to do some body work and paint one of these days...

grayscale
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM

Maybe you'd be interested in something like this- side (http://cgi.ebay.com/Side-Decal-Graphic-tC-Celica-wrx-evolution-350z-trd-sti_W0QQitemZ110469429911QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item19b87dba97)

celica9303
02-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Plans: new wheels and tires(17in 3-spoke old school), either struts and springs(eibach sportlines and koni's)or ground control coilovers and koni's [which do you think is more cost effective?], new steering rack and tie rods and ps hoses, powder coat valve cover, new brakes, attempt to adjust windows so they don't leak anymore, and finaly if funds permit a cf cs hood from vis.

187flatliner
02-16-2010, 02:13 AM
exterior

ordering the alltrac bodykit rite now.........have coilovers on the way......camber bolts will be here tomorrow.......install the trd spoiler......oh paint all new body and spoiler.......(stock color).......need to get some spacers......replace tires with new ones........exhaust needs to be done........

maybe next year a whole new paint job......whoo hooo..thinkin light sky blue

interior
need to find two front alltrac seats....wrap them in some nice black and clay red leather.......paint all interior to black....replace carpet to black color......lose the back seat and have my 3 10 subs system installed.......

thats a good list so far.

VikingJZ
02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Before Dragon:

Inside--- Finish stereo setup, light sound deadening, fix the window regulator

Outside--- Finish connecting exhaust after installing a few more items, a few bushings, and new shocks for sure. Obviously an alignment after.

Rest of the year: New dash pad, more sound deadening, window tint.

Honestly, this car is going to be nearing the "done" stage as I call it. After the Dragon there are a few more odds and ends things, but after that its all about replacing worn suspension parts here and there and new bushings.

Its another reason why I love this car because I don't have to do much to it. And in another year, all I have to do is wash it and perform oil changes until I determine the paint has had its last days and strip it down for a full, professional repaint. And reupholster the seats.

Basically, I bought a car that didn't need much and allows me to enjoy driving it instead of wanting to do tons of stuff to it.

However, if I ever got the feeling to do it, some day down the road I wouldn't be opposed to swapping to the 2L turbo diesel from the 80's Pickup. I think that would be a really cool swap.

Mr. Babb
02-16-2010, 06:28 PM
I plan to keep my truck maintained and spend as little money on it as possible!

Cavanagh
02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
-Paint my calipers red with "Lexus" in white on the front and the "L" logo on the rears.
-Tint!
-Install springs and lower it 2 inches.
-(Maybe one day when I have time) Paint headlight housings black
Thats about it for looks.

hungstar
03-29-2010, 04:40 AM
i want to get my whole car re painted but it will cost heaps.
does anyone here live in sydney and know of a good place to get
my car re painted for not an expensive price??

dynastycelica7722
06-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Buffing, polishing, tint, wheels and tires.

5thGenGT-S
12-19-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm planning to get clear corner lights and change my fog light bulbs, that's pretty much it for now.
Do you guys know any good sites to buy corner lights or any other parts?

The Captain
12-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Wash, wax, drive.

jdm_celica_gts
03-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Exterior: hopefully paint (gunmetal grey), tenzo r dc6 rims (bronze). darker tint. rewire foglights so they come on without the headlights. hid conversion headlights and foglights (hyperwhite)
Engine: 3sgte swap
Interior: led guage conversion
got alot of plans haha lets see what i can get done

taibones
03-11-2011, 04:06 AM
well i bought my 94 jdm in 2010 with the plans to take the motor and tranny (among other items )back to the states but im looking at 2013 for that swap

cms-gt4
03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Paint, and extreme make over.

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/3425/photoav.jpg