PDA

View Full Version : Hoodlums and a sunroof

Boycott!Swagger
01-22-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't know wth happened to my luck, but the yesterday i went to go grab parts out of my car, when i noticed that the sunroof looked rather odd.

Upon inspection it has been derailed and torn up. I open the door, to find my newly replaced head unit had been high jacked along with my safc2 and they made a bad attempt at ganking my aftermarket gauges. So instead of breaking out a window like any normal theiving human being some hoodlums/teens decided to stuff a rigid skinny object - lol - into my sunroof and tear it open to stuff their grimey little fingers in and jack pricey electronics.

I was wondering if i should A: Replace the sunroof, that can be a bitch and costly as hell.

or B: Flush it up as best as possible and just fiberglass/bondo the thing shut, because the car will be going in for paint eventually.

Any other good ideas are welcomed.

Shadowlife25
01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Weld it closed and swicth to a non sunroof headliner. :)

METDeath
01-22-2010, 10:56 PM
+1 for welding.

dups90gt
01-23-2010, 09:19 PM
I vote for welding too. my gt had a sunroof and it would always pop up when I slammed the door shut then back down again like a Oscar the grouch's trash can lid, made me nervous all the time. I would push on it from the inside and it would feel pretty solid but when I close the doors it would pop up. I never used it much anyway and its where rust eventually started to form so yeah weld it up. My alltrac has no sunroof and the only thing i miss is the extra light attached to the sunroof control switch.

dups90gt
01-23-2010, 09:22 PM
... as for those asshole punks... kinda makes you wish you had the spray from the movie 'The Jackle' where Bruce Willis sprays the door handles of his van then walks away and the FBI agent walks over touches it and 3 second later he falls over in pain and dies... sigh.. those wonderful movie props..

Boycott!Swagger
01-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Haha yea that would be nice..Or even paralytic spray so i could just catch em in the act. Either way welding looks like the biggest vote, and the easiest. It will probably be awhile before i can get to it, because i would rather wait till soon before i get it painted to scar it up with weld splatter and bare metal.

Thanks for the input i appreciate the help.

GT4SOM
01-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Yeah if I were you I would weld it. Take out your head liner and gut all the sunroof components. I think those cables are expensive as hell if they are broke. Also a PITA to change. She metal and weld away :D

Slider
01-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Lol breaking in through the sunroof, that's a first. I'm with others I'd weld it up.

VikingJZ
01-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Yeah that's a first.

Some hoodies broke into my 5th gen via the passenger window and jacked my shit.

I know a guy who kept having his house fucked with (eggs, forks in the yard, etc) finally culminating in him video taping it for about two weeks of harmless pranks. Then a window got busted, a flaming bag of shit on the porch. Then he stayed up one night and saw the dude making a line for his car. He was waiting and blasted him with pink paint balls and then called the cops.

Just an idea...