PDA

View Full Version : oiled plug

Jaemus
04-02-2005, 03:56 AM
Here is a link to my thread in the Aus section
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4401 (my thread in the Aus section)
i wanted to post it here to see if anyone had any comments about this

SilverCel
04-02-2005, 05:24 AM
dead link

Punisher
04-02-2005, 07:00 AM
No, just copy/paste it

As for your issue.. do a vac test on the intake manifold (of course) and see what that reading.. a few sites on the net give accurate descriptions on how to read a vacuum test to determine a lot of issues.. like misfires.. and more importantly for your issue, valve stem seal quality.

A compression test that reads out high could be a few issues.. obviously that you are getting oil into the engine.. but how? Could be through the piston oil seals or through the valve stem seals.. so it's really up in the air, a vac test will help you determine the cause.

I burn a tiny bit of oil in my 5th gen 5sfe.. and I did a vac test which came out with a really nice reading.. strong vacuum and rock solid.. so it has to be my piston oil ring seals.

I know that when I do my JDM 3SGTE swap I'm gonna tear the motor down and rebuild completely to factory specs. I want a really reliable motor that will take abuse and idle like it just rolled off the factory floor, low and nice and smooth like the bitch ain't even running :)