PDA

View Full Version : Need help with interior cleaning

Cavanagh
12-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey guys,
I have an 02' IS300 with a beige interior that got messed up by a towing company. It looks like someone worked on an engine and then felt the need to touch all of my driver sides beige cloth and plastic. I currently don't have a picture of it since the cars not here, but i'll get a google picture for reference. My buddy and I are looking at shampooing the cloth part and getting some type of stuff for the plastic. (Product brands would help!) What we are looking for is the best stuff on the market or recommendations for getting this stuff out and tips.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9131/is300interior800.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/is300interior800.jpg/)

Hope that picture made sense, any help is appericated, thanks alot.

joe's gt
12-22-2009, 08:41 AM
In addition to grease/dirt can we also discuss possible ways to get rid of oil stains on the carpet? I also have super glue on my seat. Thanks for posting this Cavy cuz the interior of my car is in desperate need of some tlc as well

i have heard good things about using vinegar. not familiar with commercial products tho.

Shadowlife25
12-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Resolve.

My lady used it on my parents Mazda6 before they sold it.
It took a while (HOURS) but came out looking good as new.
Just be sure to follow the directions.

I would also wait to see what The Captain recommends, as Princess is immaculate. ;)
RenegadeX would be a good one to ask too since his 3rd gen was gorgeous as well.

Galcobar
12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
I had good results using ScotchGard upholstery cleaner -- removed all evidence of the prior owner's smoking habit and has kept the interior looking good since.

On the rubber and vinyl, it depends on how bad the grease is ground in, and how heavy it is. If you can clean off most of it mechanically, a quality cleaner/restorer such as Meguiar's No. 40 should do the trick. If not, a mild citrus degreaser can do wonders -- I'm not certain if they make it anymore but I've had good luck with Meguiar's Extra cleaner.