PDA

View Full Version : 1993 corolla.... how do i disable the door sensor?

DarkSideCelica
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I am not sure if it's called the door sensor, but it's the little sensor that indicates if the door is open or not... my gf's car was slightly hit on the driver's door and it won't close properly now.... becos of that, the car thinks the door is always open and the alarm won't function because of tht... is there any way to disable just the sensor on the driver's door? thanks!

METDeath
12-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Unplug the sensor switch? That may do it...

klapa
12-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Should be easy - I have a '94 Corolla and happen to have a Haynes manual for it. I looked at the wiring diagram - yet note this diagram is entitled "typical" for 1997 and earlier.

In the diagram the switches are shown as single pole normally open - and each provides a ground when closed. Thus when the switch is closed, the door is open, and it turns on the interior light and also the "door open" dash indicator - all the ties to the "Theft Deterrent and Door Lock Control ECU" are shown to be on the Right Hand side - probably due to the fact that the Haynes people are Brits.

Anyway - to "disable" the switch would only require removing one of the wires from the switch terminal - either the ground or the hot.

I could scan the diagram if you need it.

andy
12-13-2009, 10:43 PM
unplug the wire going to the little button that the door pushes in.

DarkSideCelica
12-15-2009, 02:02 AM
just remove the rubber piece and pull the sensor out? tried that, but it didn't budge.... didn't see any screws too

klapa
12-15-2009, 03:47 AM
If you want a scan of the wiring diagram I could send it to you. If there is a problem to get to the wires on the back of the switch I you could disconnect the wire from the connector on the anti-theft ECU (though this might be equally difficult to get to).

This should be pin #12 on the T3A connector of this ECU - this connector would be orange in color - if I am properly deciphering the diagrams in my manual.

I'm not sure - but it appears this ECU is mounted above the glove box under the dash.

rizin
12-16-2009, 03:31 AM
Well for a quick fix untill you find out how to remove the door sensor to unplug it. Take some electrical tape and make a spacer and tape it to the door where it would meet up with the switch. This all depends on the amount of the damage.