PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte straight pipe intake owners plz look

lalojamesliz
12-11-2009, 03:22 AM
has anybody with a intake like this had any problems with the rain wetting the air filter or the AFM whie driing in the rain? i relocated my battery to the rear and installed a st205 intercooler but the picture shows my intake the way it still is. its been raining every now and then where i live but ive been driving my other car when it rains thinking something can happen when i drive with my lights on.

RIalltrac
12-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I have my intake setup exactly like that with a very similar sized K&N....I drove it on the daily...rain, snow, sleet, day and night...and anything else you can come up with...I never had any issues related to water getting into the system and messing anything up...hell if anything you can consider any water that did make it thru free water injection....I think your ok

ChrisD
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Yep you will be just fine. If water got in there typically, that would not be good for the fuse box and battery! :)

lalojamesliz
12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
free water injection lol :D thanks guys

Freshnicity
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
if your really paranoid, they make sleeves for intakes like that so water just rolls off of it. A lot of honda guys run them after they blow up their motor from hydrolocking

joe's gt
12-12-2009, 06:10 AM
after they blow up their motor from hydrolocking

LOL!!!

Night_Wolf
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
if your really paranoid, they make sleeves for intakes like that so water just rolls off of it. A lot of honda guys run them after they blow up their motor from hydrolocking

Haha, yea thats because they have the intake sticking out underneath the car

wizzards581
12-15-2009, 05:36 AM
i would be scared.. what if you had to boost in heavy rain... i do it sometimes.

Night_Wolf
12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
i would be scared.. what if you had to boost in heavy rain... i do it sometimes.

Haha you'd have the equivalent of a shop-vac if you used a CAI

Luni
12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
In order for any lasting damage to occur the entire filter has to become submerged.

Otherwise no big deal.