PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Australia now

hobbie2k
12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry I'm been away a while...

Anyway, after an adventurous trip in which EVERY one of my flights was delayed, and 22+ hours stuck in airplanes with a 2-year-old. I've arrived in Adelaide.

The problem was, that we would be delayed and would miss our next flight, so we'd have to reschedule earlier (had to reschedule twice in MSP), then had to reschedule again out of O'Hare (and just barely got out before the cancellations started). Then our flight from LAX to Melbourne was delayed 1.5 hrs because of crew issues so we had only 45 mins to get from the international terminal in MEL, get our luggage, get through customs, and get to our domestic gate...Difficult in the best of times, but our luggage never arrived, so then we had to go to baggage services (I love Firefox, my comp just crashed and when I restarted my text was still here) and wait in line some more (With all the reschedules and weather delays I'm not surprised the bags didn't arrive). So we walked to the domestic terminal expecting to have missed our flight to Adelaide, but saw on the board that it was still boarding, so we scrambled through security (fortunately Australian security is easier than American) and ran to our gate and just barely got on the plane before the doors closed...only because our last flight was also delayed about 1/2 hour.

But we're here, and I'm wearing shorts, and everything is right...

METDeath
12-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Get some Kangaroo and Emu jerky while you're there, I can't seem to find it in the US...

hobbie2k
12-11-2009, 03:27 AM
I'll see what I can find.

METDeath
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, if you like jerky and eating different animals, it's well worth it. So try some out and go "mmmm Kanga and Roo taste yummy" :lolhittin

The Captain
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Mmmm, group A rally parts. . .

renegadex
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Bring me back a koala and some JDM MR2 parts please!

GrpA4
04-24-2010, 12:50 PM
How long ya in adelaide for? I live here, might have to give ya the tour in my Grp A :D