FYI heres what will and wont work

-rear strut assembly exc. alltrac

mounts-interchange
shock-interchange
spring-interchange
bumpstop-interchange

all parts will fit and bolt up fine

-Front strut assembly
mounts 5th gen ones fit but will give major positive camber and eat a pair of tires in 3 weeks
-shocks - interchange
-spring-interchange
-shock housing - i beleave this will interchange but you may want to invest in a set of camber bolts just to be safe or reuse 6th gen shock housing

Front strut bar -aftermarket adjustable- it fits but on the driver side part of the bar hits the brake master cylinder just a lil bit, i put a thick lock washer under the mount thread closest to the engine (ill post a pic later)

as for the rear, i have a coupe so i dunno

also the front strut mounts on a 6th gen are seriviceable, they take a flat type bearing that is available from autozone, its called a strut bearing or suspension bearing. these are 41.99 each at this point in time.

IllIllIll
01-24-2010, 05:48 PM
also the front strut mounts on a 6th gen are seriviceable, they take a flat type bearing that is available from autozone, its called a strut bearing or suspension bearing. these are 41.99 each at this point in time.

FYI the AutoZone P/N is 142556 It is made by Gabriel & is $41.99 my local AutoZone.

I found the same part on Amazon for $22.43 that's almost half as much. Google search Gabriel 142556

This works with a lot of other parts that you can find a part number for say Blistein front struts P/N: PNE-3143-BK $109.99 each from Auto Zone can be found for as little $71.90 after a quick Google Search.

I bought all four shocks for my Celcia on Ebay for less than half of what I could get them for from Autozone, for the exact same part that they sell (Gabriel in this case)

Also a lot of parts for the Celica are special order from the local auto parts stores anyway. So if you are going to have to wait for the part anyways you might as well order it online & save yourself some money.

I use the major autoparts stores websites to find these part numbers & then just Google them or look on Ebay. You will almost always find a better price for the exact same item. Sometimes you will find another brand that is a replacement item, then you have to decide if it's a better or worse product.