PDA

View Full Version : ecu for my 5sfe?

SMILEYOSO
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
i have a 1992 celica 2.2 does anyone know if there is a stanalone ecu or a piggiback ecu that would work with my 5sfe?

cell172
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
AEM sells a Plug-and-Play system. I'm not sure if that's what you mean though. And it's like $1,700.

SMILEYOSO
12-01-2009, 08:09 PM
AEM sells a Plug-and-Play system. I'm not sure if that's what you mean though. And it's like $1,700.

yea, but they only make them for the alltrac 3sgte tho.

cell172
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm not 100% on this as I've never tried it, but I've heard it will work on the 5S also. But definitely dont quote me on that.

Luni
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
You could make the AEM work on a 5S, but it would require a harness adapter, and a bunch of custom settings to make it work right.

You can use piggybacks like the SMT6 or SMT7. MrTurrari has more experience with this sort of thing than anyone I know. he even got his ECU overclocked for more revs.

SMILEYOSO
12-01-2009, 09:12 PM
You could make the AEM work on a 5S, but it would require a harness adapter, and a bunch of custom settings to make it work right.

You can use piggybacks like the SMT6 or SMT7. MrTurrari has more experience with this sort of thing than anyone I know. he even got his ECU overclocked for more revs.

how could i get ahold of MrTurrari for help on this?

Lagos
12-02-2009, 02:19 AM
i have a 1992 celica 2.2 does anyone know if there is a stanalone ecu or a piggiback ecu that would work with my 5sfe?

They are all pretty much universal and designed to work with just about any car. An safc is the most popular, and the most simple.

Smaay
12-03-2009, 04:09 PM
you can get the AEM EMS for the 3S and like mentioned an adapter harness will work. you will need to install a new MAP sensor and Intake temp sensor. eventhough the 5S is already speed density, this will give you a better tuning range.

my big question to you is WHY? Why do you need an EMS? if you are boosting your 5S-FE then the AEM FIC is perfect for you. im running one on mine and its awesome. and its less than 400 bucks. i do recommend a patch harness so you can splice into that instead of your wiring harness

SMILEYOSO
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
you can get the AEM EMS for the 3S and like mentioned an adapter harness will work. you will need to install a new MAP sensor and Intake temp sensor. eventhough the 5S is already speed density, this will give you a better tuning range.

my big question to you is WHY? Why do you need an EMS? if you are boosting your 5S-FE then the AEM FIC is perfect for you. im running one on mine and its awesome. and its less than 400 bucks. i do recommend a patch harness so you can splice into that instead of your wiring harness

could you send me a link to the correct AEM FIC one that i should get please? and which patch harness to get?

Smaay
12-04-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.phoenixtuning.com/zenstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_13&products_id=6

http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=116

presure2
12-05-2009, 12:09 AM
if you've never tuned a car before, or dont have someone to help you tune it, i'd recommend somthing simple like the SAFCII or neo over the AEM fic, or emanage.
the KISS method is best when you dont know what your doing.
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid.

Mr.Shaun91
12-10-2009, 10:02 PM
look into rallyteck for piggy backs or www.diyautotune.com for the megasquirt system.

***MEGASQUIRT IS NOT P&P (plug and play) you build it with mod kits and put it all together by hand. it will do whatever you want it to do. and its less then half the price of an aem P&P.

they do have some DIY P&P kits used on a lot of cars. look it up. i think they have one for like 8-900 bucks for the 5th gen 5s...

MrTurrari
12-11-2009, 01:20 AM
I have never seen any plug and play systems for the 5sfe. The trickiest part is getting them to read the ignition signal from the distributor but it can be done.

For SMT6 install instructions on the rev2 look here:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?p=4122032#post4122032

and here:

http://www.mr2.com/forums/efi-corner/Toyota-MR2-20400-93-5sfe-smt6-installed-working.html

Other piggybacks should be similar.

BiscutWheels
12-28-2009, 01:56 AM
E-Manage
E-Manage Ultimate
AEM FIC
SAFC
SAFC 2
SACF NEO
Haltech units

There are mutiple options. The GReddy units seem to be the most popular, or were a couple of years back.

Nate

Hookecho
12-28-2009, 04:47 AM
unless you have the engine mods to compliment such and exspensive stand alone then you're really wasting $$. you could spend that money on i/h/e, cams, and an safc2 and make more power than a stand alone by itself could yield.