PDA

View Full Version : She's dead.

alistair
11-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Had an issue last time I moved the car, when I hit the brakes after boosting, I had large amounts of white/blue smoke coming out from around the headlights and it lost all the oil pressure.

Was driving it a little today after putting a bunch more oil in. Holds oil pressure when cold but once the engine warms up it all disappears (drops to like, 7psi). My turbo is also making a very odd whining noise under very very low load (could be normal during winter, I don't know)

Looked under the oil cap earlier and there's a white residue inside.

I think my head gasket is officially toast. More than a little choked as I put a fair bit of time and effort into this stupid car.

Gotta find some place for it to live until I get enough money together for my 205 swap or I might just part it out, I don't know.

Yup.

85gtsblackman
11-28-2009, 03:00 AM
hg is gone

do a hg and a coolant/oil flush asap

alistair
11-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Do I need to remove the cams for that? or can the whole head be removed in one piece..

Grot
11-28-2009, 04:03 AM
whole head in one piece

Freshnicity
11-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Shouldnt be that hard.

I would do it now so that if theres coolant in the cylinders it doesnt just sit in there and rust the cylinder walls.

Id drain the oil/coolant and pop off the head and clean it up a little. Get another HG and head bolts, maybe even the HG kit and slap her back together. After having the head machined

joe's gt
11-28-2009, 06:03 AM
whole head. Leave the intake manifold on when you pull it to make it easier.