PDA

View Full Version : Front Left Squeek

Flux
11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
About a week ago I started hearing a squeek from the front left. I took a look at the brakes, those were fine. I put it them back on and it went away for a while, but now its back. Could it be the wheel bearings or ball joint?

Thanks for your help.

jimbob789
11-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Is it a constant squeek or happens when the road gets a bit bumpy?

Could be a broken strut

Flux
11-19-2009, 02:19 AM
It only happens when I'm coasting or turning, but its not constant. Its kind of like somethings wobbling, like the rotor wobbles and hits something and squeeks. I'm not sure though...

The bumpier the road, the less it squeeks though.

bobblyhead
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Same thing with mine! I checked for wheel bearing play, but my hub did not move....I am stumped...

bobblyhead
11-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Checked wheel again today...and it started to have some play. Wheel bearing going out...I have been quoted $300-$400 to fix it (one side). It seems a little steep, but I don't have a place and its been raining outside.

Flux
11-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Where did you go for the quote? Les Schwab? Ill probly let them do mine, I just need it fixed.

bobblyhead
11-28-2009, 05:00 AM
I called Les Schwab. I took a look again...taking everything off, and found out that my bearings were okay. Last time I just jacked the car up, there was play but was minor and was told that it was okay. What I found was that there on the back side of the rotor, something had been eating at my rotor. I haven't found the culprit, but it left a nice ring in my rotor. It only happens when I turn slightly left or right. My alignment is off too, pulling to the left. I am stumped. I checked my bearings and hub for play when I had everything off, and it was solid. I just cannot figure this out? I will take it in and see what they say :(
Did you check your wheel for play yet? If not, there's a lot of youtube video to reference how to do it. also, make sure that your wheels and rotor are in tight, as the rotor is held in with the lugs. But let me know what they say! :)