PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Celica Supra (MK2)

MissMK2
11-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Hey everyone! Just thought I would post a bit about my car.

I know my car isn't the best an it doesn't look the greatest, but when I got the poor thing it was in pretty bad shape. I've replaced the belts, starter, and timing belt (THANK GOD for non-interference engines!!!). It's still got the original 5mge in it. It needs a new transmission soon (manual). I have a pretty bad exhaust leak on the manifold. It's leaking oil kinda bad but I'm not quite sure from where. I replaced the original wheels with almost brand new ones that i got off matt (lime green MK2 supra....can't remember his username on the forum....sorry!). I've been fixing things as they go wrong or need replaced. There will always be the little things here and there wrong with it beacuse it seems like no matter what I fix, it insists on breaking something else again. I've done what I can to fix it up and I think I've done pretty good so far. I can't really do body work yet because of money issues, plus the other stuff listed above are in more need of attention than the body work. But anyway, I just thought I would give you some background before I posted the pics, so here they are (tell me what you think please!):

MCcelica
11-16-2009, 04:17 AM
I think I wanna know who's driving in the 2nd pic...

Got any interior shots? I mean it actually doesn't look too bad from the outside. Trim piece missing here and there, but can't complain really.

Welcome to C-tech!

zank
11-16-2009, 04:23 AM
thats a nice SDR 85 MKii supra. So you mean you still have the original 5MGE engine, and not the 5MGTE ;)

CriScO
11-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Welcome aboard.

In regards to your post in the "How did you find C-Tech" thread, we have a few IN members I could point a finger at. I'm guessing you're in northen IN?

Murgatroy
11-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Whiteland is just south of Indianapolis.

My baby sister lives there.

VikingJZ
11-16-2009, 04:43 AM
She's about three hours south of us Chris.

Keep up the work on the car and you'll enjoy it!

burnyd
11-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I have a strange fetish with those cars...

That CAR NEEDS BUFFED! I can tell looking at it its pretty much oxidized... if you buff it the paint will come out a million times better.

CriScO
11-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Whiteland is just south of Indianapolis.

My baby sister lives there.
Hmm... Car maybe? Or is he up north too?

I'm really curious now.

VikingJZ
11-16-2009, 05:16 AM

I'm really curious now.

Caleb lives up here too...lol

car
11-16-2009, 10:57 PM

I'm really curious now.

Confusing screen-name is confusing.

Cavanagh
11-16-2009, 11:10 PM

That CAR NEEDS BUFFED! I can tell looking at it its pretty much oxidized... if you buff it the paint will come out a million times better.
Me too, I love em!

Welcome to Celicatech! Don't let the parts discourage you, my MR2 is the exact same way.

MissMK2
11-17-2009, 03:00 AM
thats a nice SDR 85 MKii supra. So you mean you still have the original 5MGE engine, and not the 5MGTE ;)

Ya lol sorry...I'm used to talking on threads about my bfs car...he's got an 88 supra that's in AWESOME condition...well the body anyway...his 7mgte (turbo!) has rod knock pretty bad now....he's gonna pull the engine an rebuild it though...

btw...your sig is gorgeous...I don't know what it is about MKII's but I LOVE them!!! =)

MissMK2
11-17-2009, 03:04 AM
I think I wanna know who's driving in the 2nd pic...

Got any interior shots? I mean it actually doesn't look too bad from the outside. Trim piece missing here and there, but can't complain really.

Welcome to C-tech!

lol I'm driving in the 2nd pic...I'm the only one that drives my car lol =)

no interior shots but its not in that bad of condition either...it's the terra cotta color an got the rips in the sides of the seats where they stick out a bit...I sewed them up myself though lol who knows how long the stitches will last...

thanks for the welcome =)

MissMK2
11-17-2009, 03:10 AM

I actually hardly have any clear coat left on the poor thing...When I buff it out it only lasts about a day then it's off an looks like I haven't even touched it...I know what you mean though

Grot
11-17-2009, 04:05 AM
That thing is beautiful. I love the old CS.

andy
11-17-2009, 04:28 AM
very nice! yah for rwd celicas!

Lenny253
11-17-2009, 05:08 AM
hey welcome. any plans for it later on or is it just a daily for now?

MissMK2
11-18-2009, 02:15 AM
hey welcome. any plans for it later on or is it just a daily for now?

just a daily for now...one of my buddies says he wants to paint it but idk if that will ever happen...I have no money to be able to do anything else with it other than to fix up the broken parts for now but I'm happy with that...at least I'm bettering the car somehow right?