PDA

View Full Version : v6 celica with auto tranny?

DarkSideCelica
11-10-2009, 11:20 PM
is this doable? i've been reading up on several v6 swaps into a 5th gen and it got me interested... but all the swaps retained the manual tranny off the celica.. i know it sounds stupid, but my celica is a daily driver, and i like not having to step on the clutch in socal commute lol

burnyd
11-11-2009, 01:37 AM
not really sure why you would want that but, anything is possible.. and V6 motor auto motor sets are easy to find... but if you want to make power the auto tranny is not good for anything over 300whp, I know this from a friend who had a supercharged solara.

Hipster Lawrence
11-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't see why not. It sounds like a cool idea to me. I've always wanted to do the same thing to a mk2 mr2 for a daily.

DarkSideCelica
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
well, i'm not looking to make crazy power and i do like my current auto tranny... my 5sfe is having issues at the moment, so i was looking at swapping a 3sgte or a v6... 3sgte will be more fun, but NA > turbo in terms of reliability... also, v6 motors are abundant...

Mafix
11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
it's already made. it's called a solara. cheaper and easier and still toyota. if you want old you could spring for the old school early 90's camry 2 door.

METDeath
11-11-2009, 09:49 PM
While you could grab a Solara V6 or Camry V6 with the auto, it'd be cheaper to just get the car it came in. Unless you plan on doing ALL the work yourself and you get a rear ended car for under $1k