PDA

View Full Version : Best Ride Height

toyotaguy90
11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I have megan racing coilovers and i'm digging the low tucked stance i am seeing on a lot of cars lately. not like the stretched out tire with 1" ground clearance style but just a low slung look. I was wondering what a good ride height was for my car. I have 17" wheels with a 40mm offset. Here is a pick of what it looks like currently. Also if anyones bored i have been wondering what my wheels would look like in a semi-gloss black color, i know somebody has photoshop skills
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2491/carstuff083.th.jpg (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/carstuff083.jpg/)

METDeath
11-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Good ride height for looks or for handling?

If you're going for looks, I too have the 17x7+40 wheels, with some 215/40/17 rubber, the car has the Eibach SportLine kit (1.5" drop) and I think that looks rather aggressive.

If you're looking for handling... well, then you really don't want much of a drop at all.

Unarmed
11-10-2009, 10:30 PM
depends on the suspension setup I would bet. I know there are some extremely low cars that handle simply amazing. also weren't the sport lines supposed to be the best for handling in the eibach line for this car. I thought the pro-kit was supposed to be the middle ground between stock and best handling in their line.

unless your talking about on gravel, brick, or just plain crappy roads...

The Captain
11-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Good ride height for looks or for handling?

If you're going for looks, I too have the 17x7+40 wheels, with some 215/40/17 rubber, the car has the Eibach SportLine kit (1.5" drop) and I think that looks rather aggressive.

If you're looking for handling... well, then you really don't want much of a drop at all.

Agreed. Much lower than stock screws up the bumpsteer. I raised my TEIN's up almost an inch above the "recommended" height. A high G dip in the road it would get weird. I'm probably down an inch in the front and 1.5 in the back now.

toyotaguy90
11-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Yeah I dunno I would like to find a happy medium like a height that is good for both handling and looks, it's looking like I probably shouldn't lower it more