PDA

View Full Version : xbox with factory deck

nospmohtkcin
03-30-2005, 01:55 PM
whenever i get my new rig i wanna put a tv and xbox into the system. One thing i want to do is have my sub hooked up through the factory deck but what i'm wondering is if the subs through the factory deck how would the L/R hookups from the xbox hook up?
I'm thinking that even if this works it's gonna sound like shit anyways so maybe i'll just buy a new deck that way i can control the sub volume(very good) but then where would the L/R xbox rca's hook into on a new deck?

david in germany
03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
whenever i get my new rig i wanna put a tv and xbox into the system. One thing i want to do is have my sub hooked up through the factory deck but what i'm wondering is if the subs through the factory deck how would the L/R hookups from the xbox hook up?
I'm thinking that even if this works it's gonna sound like shit anyways so maybe i'll just buy a new deck that way i can control the sub volume(very good) but then where would the L/R xbox rca's hook into on a new deck?
If you want to use the stock deck just get a rf modulator.. It will sound just like a radio station.

nospmohtkcin
03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
ok but where would the xbox hook upto if i got a new deck? probably gonna be an alpine deck

david in germany
03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
ok but where would the xbox hook upto if i got a new deck? probably gonna be an alpine deck
It depends on the deck.. some have no input and others you may need to buy an adapter or if it has neither... RF Modulator.

Luni
03-31-2005, 07:23 PM
If you buy an Alpine you can get the aux adapter in so you can run the xbox sound.

Playfortoday
04-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Don't quote me, but I think some of the alpine head have aux in and/or rca ins. At least the old ones did.

Luni
04-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Anything modern enough to be AInet on the alpine side needs a 15 dollar adapter.

nospmohtkcin
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
thanks for the info guys