PDA

View Full Version : Lexus LFA.....one bad ass car..

nyana107
11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
sorry if this is a repost but daYAAAm. this car is fawkin niiiice i had to post it.

the car.....
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2011-lexus-lfa_100231345_l.jpg

here's a clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsXsdNgov0

alistair
11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I'd sell my GF for one of these.

Cavanagh
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I'd sell my GF for one of these.
Yea, I think we all would, but i doubt any of our Girlfriends are worth the 350k+ asking price. :D

burnyd
11-04-2009, 05:09 PM
repost! Still cool though!

Waffles!
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I would almost sell Marshall for one....

balang_479
11-05-2009, 02:27 AM
If you could actually sell your soul....

jk..

amazing car though.

KoreanJoey
11-05-2009, 06:36 AM
I honestly don't care for the looks that much.

For instance, rear arch looks like an F430... Why the hell is it even there? Thing is front engine!

BUT, it sounds AWESOME!

GT4RC
11-09-2009, 02:14 AM
I honestly don't care for the looks that much.

For instance, rear arch looks like an F430... Why the hell is it even there? Thing is front engine!

BUT, it sounds AWESOME!

Rear radiator.

KoreanJoey
11-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Rear radiator.

Ahhh... well that explains it, doesn't it...

cms-gt4
11-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I think parts of it look good, and other elements could go. I would have to have a black one to hide the bade parts.
But it is one of the best sounded cars I ever heard. It makes me feel like driving whenever I hear a sound clip of it.

Physlis
11-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I dunno, personally I think it looks good but the exhaust tone kills it for me. For as aggressive as it looks, the exhaust makes it sound like a F1 car or a ferrari, which does nothing for me. It needs to be much louder and meaner if I were to ever consider one (provided I could afford it). I'd swap out that engine and drop in something big that makes a lot of noise. Sorry but I'll be sticking with my 5th gen over this any day. Just my .02.

cms-gt4
11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
I dunno, personally I think it looks good but the exhaust tone kills it for me. For as aggressive as it looks, the exhaust makes it sound like a F1 car or a ferrari, which does nothing for me. It needs to be much louder and meaner if I were to ever consider one (provided I could afford it). I'd swap out that engine and drop in something big that makes a lot of noise. Sorry but I'll be sticking with my 5th gen over this any day. Just my .02.

http://www.opaquelucidity.com/facepalm.jpg

That is the point. The car is inspired by Toyota's F1 projects. If you can drive any 5th gen, including 3sgte powered ones and pick any of those cars over the LFA, using the sound the exhaust/ engine produces as the standard, there is likely something very wrong with you.

The damn engine could sound like the fucking music from an icecream truck and I would still take it over any Celica.

Physlis
11-22-2009, 09:16 PM
That is the point. The car is inspired by Toyota's F1 projects. If you can drive any 5th gen, including 3sgte powered ones and pick any of those cars over the LFA, using the sound the exhaust/ engine produces as the standard, there is likely something very wrong with you.

The damn engine could sound like the fucking music from an icecream truck and I would still take it over any Celica.

I'm not saying I don't like it because of just that. I'm a classic muscle guy at heart and think that if a car looks like that, it ought to put some fear in you when you puch it.

My real problem is that I can already see who's going to be buying the majority of these cars. It won't be big car enthusiast as much as the guy who has too much money and finds it to be an elegant and comfortable ride. Because of that I see a lot of LFAs turning out like Enzos or that drowned Bugatti Veyron; balled up on the side of the road because of a lack of respect. If it were a little louder I think there'd be less idiots driving them.

Then again, I owned an '07 Shelby GT-500 convertible for about 2 weeks and granted it performed like it should, but it didn't really do anything for me because it wasn't fun to drive unless you smoked tires.

I love my GT-S for its reliability and character and I loved my GT-4 for its aggressive nature. Again, just my personal opinion so take it how you will.

KoreanJoey
11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
... you're smoking rocks...

V10's @ 9K are sex.

Edit: Just because you're pissed that the thing costs too much for you to afford, doesn't make it any less spectacular of a car.

Physlis
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
It's not the car or the pricetag that bothers me. It is a quite amazing car for what Toyota is doing and it's about time they came out with a new supercar.

What bothers me is the douchbags who will most likely end up behind the wheel. Everytime I get on the road I see these self-important bastards driving whatever top-dollar Mercedes/BMW/Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo/Corvette/Bentley/G35/Land Rover and think they own the road because thier car is worth more than yours. They'll cut people off, ride your ass, or take up the whole road because if you touch them, you'll probably lose the fight. If I were still in europe then it wouldnt be so bad because people know how to drive and respect each other on the road, but as far as state-side drivers go they kill my enthusiasm. Because of these people, not the car or price, I can't really bring myself to appreciate this car to the extent that the rest of you are.

Edit: There are a few cars in that list I do respect. Ferrari 595 Maranello, Lamborghini Diablo SV, BMW Z4 M Coupe, BMW M1, Bugatti Veyron, and a few others. Hopefully I'll be including the LFA will be in this list. I've only just started hearing about this car so these are my initial impressions.

And as far as V-10s @ 9k, the Audi R8 5.2 is a V-10 and the note is much lower and in my opinion sounds better, but it's also an MR set-up and not FR. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Sorry if I seem like an ass on this but I don't think most of the people who buy the LFA will respect it like they should. On that note I think I've said as much as I can on my opinion. My bad if I killed the discussion.

KoreanJoey
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Um... what do the drivers have to do with the cars? Seriously? In that aspect the Celica is a solid girls car, hell most of the drivers I see behind the wheel of a celica are tween girls who spend more time texting than watching the road.

Sorry, the driver has 0 involvement with how good or bad a car is.

Physlis
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Um... what do the drivers have to do with the cars? Seriously? In that aspect the Celica is a solid girls car, hell most of the drivers I see behind the wheel of a celica are tween girls who spend more time texting than watching the road.

Sorry, the driver has 0 involvement with how good or bad a car is.

I understand what you're saying and agree. At no point did I say that the LFA was going to be a bad car, all I was saying was that the people who will most likely be driving it will take it as a status symbol and not respect it for the high-performance street machine it is. Therefore I would probably not look forward to seeing it on the road near me. In a parking lot, sure. On the track, why not? Just not in traffic.

I was just making an observation and speaking my opinion which I obviously was wrong in doing. I'm not going to bother getting into an arguement over something that none of us will probably ever have the privledge to experience firsthand anyway.

Again, I apologize for bringing an obvious negetive opinion into the thread.

T-spoon
11-23-2009, 07:09 PM
...top-dollar Mercedes/BMW/Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo/Corvette/Bentley/G35/Land Rover and think they own the road because thier car is worth more than yours. They'll cut people off, ride your ass, or take up the whole road because if you touch them, you'll probably lose the fight. ...

It's not that way in Seattle! The above vehicles drive 10MPH under the limit in any lane they want to, and freak out if you get in front of them with anything less than a mile separation. Cut off? LOL, I'd be amazed to see them going the speed limit, much less over it. I do hate it when they park in two spaces to make sure no one parks next to them. My wife works for a parking company, and when they do that, the parking company charges them for both spaces, as they should. :hehe:

VikingJZ
11-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Yes, the driver has nothing to do with how amazing this car is. Its a shame none of us will get the chance to drive it.

New reports show that Lexus is making sure collectors don't get their grubby paws on them and jack prices up. You have to lease the car for two years and then get the option of turning it back over to Lexus, or buying it outright.

Losing a fight? In Indiana, if you brake check someone because the car behind you is riding your ass, and they slam into you; you just got yourself a new rear end of your car for free! Or, if its bad enough, a nice check from the insurance company. This is because there is no proof that a deer, zebra, Lochness monster, Big Foot, or Michael Vick walked out of a field into the middle of the road and you were trying to avoid a front end collision. A friend of mine lost a minty fresh 87 CRX Si to a brake check maneuver from some driver in a delivery truck. So, he got pain and suffering and a 2000 IS300. Full on win for him. But he has a small amount of pain in his right shoulder still.

KoreanJoey
11-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Yeah... definitely would love to drive one... not likely to happen. *shrug*

I've driven some high dollar cars (a few in the 6 digit range) but not even half of the asking price of an LFA.

KoreanJoey
12-10-2009, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqIPd2S16kg

I want that engine to be the soundtrack of my life.

Shadowlife25
12-10-2009, 09:47 AM
That video gave me wood.

That is all.

MrWOT
12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I want that engine to be the soundtrack of my life.

That reminded me of an old favorite

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Bad-ass-Mustang-Cobra_123703.htm

KoreanJoey
12-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Not even close. Only one I find really better is:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Mazda-787B-Drive_17854.htm

Lonestag
12-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry, but that car is sex.
You don't like the exaust note, you can go eat a large bug.