PDA

View Full Version : Hondas disected and crushed

90CelicaST
10-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I know there have been videos like this posted before, but I don't think this one has. I laughed and cried at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ

MCcelica
10-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Now... I don't mean to make a thread serious if I don't have to. And the fact that it's hondas getting crushed in this video is fine by me. But the thing I would have to challenge on this... would be legality. Two scenarios. One I'm racing, car gets crushed, I deserve it, right...? One I'm just speeding (Whether I realized it or not), someone else thinks we're racing, cop flips on the lights, I'm thinkin I'm in for a speeding ticket, cop goes for racing, I get my car crushed. The first scenario, despite the fact that I know I have it coming, is theft. All laws aside, the car is mine and the state is now taking it without my permission. Definition of theft. Ok but you were being stupid so you get what's coming. Well two wrongs don't make a right. Some might say "You only need one car crushed before you learn your lesson." Good. Well while I'm trying to pay for the car, I'll just rob your state of wellfare shit until I feel like I'm compensated.

The second scenario is what bugs me though. Because the whole street racing thing is discretionary. To some it may seem pretty cut and dry, but the fact is perception is reality. Who here has gotten a ticket for racing when they weren't? I know I have. And if they woulda crushed my car for it, I'd probably be organizing a class action lawsuit.

Then there's the fact that cops enjoy it so much to crush all these rice mobiles. That's just immaturity to me. Grown ass men picking on teenagers because when these guys were in high school, some cool guy with a fast car pissed in his corn flakes. Now they're getting even. Oh but they're right with the law. Well the law is fucked. And instead of feeling like assholes for destroying some peoples passion for automotives... they revel in it because they know no different.

Personally I'd sue the state for grand theft auto, destruction of property, and police brutality. No wonder everybody fucking hates california cops.

geebes
10-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't necessarily mind if California was officially part of mexico. Everything seems so messed up there they shouldn't even be part of the US.

Also, it seems like a huge waste. How about a part-out? Make a few bucks at least. I would have rocked the hell out of some of those wheels.

car
10-26-2009, 12:20 AM
I was thoroughly impressed at how well the engine was attached to the chassis of the first Honda. If I didn't know any better I would almost assume it was RWD, not FailWD

Waffles!
10-26-2009, 01:35 AM
The thing with these cars is that they had stolen parts and illegal mods on them, which gives the police every right to take the car and do with it as they please. Some jurisdictions have taken cars like these, made them street legal, and then used them to catch others with illegal mods.

kungFUBAR
10-26-2009, 01:49 AM
aww...i could have used that h22 for my pos accord.

Mr. Babb
10-26-2009, 01:56 AM
sitting in my garage http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs246.snc1/9327_175460846822_712941822_3742291_4264937_n.jpg

and its going back in this sometime
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs201.snc1/6833_171019991822_712941822_3697595_2078732_n.jpg

MCcelica
10-26-2009, 01:56 AM
The thing with these cars is that they had stolen parts and illegal mods on them, which gives the police every right to take the car and do with it as they please. Some jurisdictions have taken cars like these, made them street legal, and then used them to catch others with illegal mods.

Ok so you're telling me that if your car got jacked and parted out, then they found where your parts went, you'd be ok if they just crushed 'em... I'd say that make wrong number 3...

Nobody has the RIGHT to take something from someone else and do with it as they please. By them crushing the cars, the cops are committing the act they're trying to deter. Nothing like a fresh dose of hippocracy to get your message across right?

rizin
10-26-2009, 01:57 AM
It would be nice if they spent some of the money to set up drag strips for people. I know in Utah there is RMR. But going to the drag strip you may get one run the whole night. Problem is they start it to late and there is way to many people for the time. So everyone go to the streets.

When I lived in cali. I loved going to grudge night at LACR. I drove an hour and was willing to pay money for entry. God I ran 19.9 in my olds(85 with a v6). From what I here they shut it down. So rather then driving to pomona. I bet a lot of those guys hit the streets.

I would love to see the states use some money to make it easier to do it legally. That is my opinion on the crap.

celica91gts
10-26-2009, 01:59 AM
that's a thin ass flywheel

Mr. Babb
10-26-2009, 02:06 AM
that's a thin ass flywheel
its a lightweight spec flywheel

joe's gt
10-26-2009, 02:24 AM
crushing a car is the stupidest biggest waste of resources I have ever seen. I could care less what happens to the the kid if he was indeed street racing or if his car is taken away. But don't just destroy a perfectly running car. Ship it out to another state or something where those modifications are legal.

Ok, so some of the parts might be stolen. Its not like they are gonna pick them apart and try to find where they came from, so why destroy them when someone else could use those parts somewhere else where they are legal.

CriScO
10-26-2009, 03:35 AM
First of all, MEGADETH F T M F W!!!

Second, civics getting crushed gives me wood.

andy
10-26-2009, 05:11 AM
i would prob go phsyco crazy and go in blazin. Like seriously those cars were peoples babies. If they had known stolen parts on them yes. burn them first and give the owner a spray bottle to try to put it out. For street racing crush the car? fuck are you serious. fuck no. fine them, take the license. jail time. dont take someones property and destroy it. FUCK california FUCK EM! FUCK!@@ god that makes me sick. FUCK! sorry im really pissed. I know how it feels to have a car that you put alot of love into taken then returned destroyed. it SUCKS! now my brothers cherry b18c1 is in someone elses civic that doesnt give a fuck about where it came from. I would baseball bat someones face, and prob will if i ever find out who has it. Fuck theft and fuck anybody else thats for it. so FUCK YOU CALIfornia.

Shadowlife25
10-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Why does every damn thread like this devolve into an "I hate California" thread....

Remember that old saying "Don't believe everything you hear"?

Well, you're only getting one side of the story. I'm SURE there is alot more to it.
I can almost damn well guarantee it.

They DO NOT crush your car for street racing. They fine you or arrest you and impound said car, but they don't crush it.

Start thinking for yourselves instead of just blindly believing some shit you saw on fucking YouTube/

Shadowlife25
10-26-2009, 07:40 AM
PS.

It would be more in the interest of the state to strip and resell or revert to stock and donate said cars.
Crushing a car that is still good is just a waste no matter what make/model it may be.

MCcelica
10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Why does every damn thread like this devolve into an "I hate California" thread....

Because California is fucking gay. That's why all them fucking californians move out to my damn state, because California is too gay for them. But then that detracts from the heterosexuality of my state, which pisses me off!

In all seriousness though... California is fucking gay.

RedRkt01
10-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Because California is fucking gay. That's why all them fucking californians move out to my damn state, because California is too gay for them. But then that detracts from the heterosexuality of my state, which pisses me off!

lol

Blackcloud
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
I gotta agree with mccelica on all points here

Shadowlife25
10-27-2009, 01:41 AM
i fucking hate you all.

andy
10-27-2009, 02:27 AM
im sorry dood, it totally does.

3citytuner
10-27-2009, 03:14 AM
dood the point it to get us talking about how much we don't want our own cars crashed

hopefully this will make you think twice about street racing.

Save it for the track.

PLUS street racing suck! our gt=4's are too fast!

toyotaguy90
10-27-2009, 03:38 AM
Ok so you can get a ton of DUI's and still get your car out of impound and get your license back eventually? But god forbid you are a teenager driving an import they take your shit and crush it after one offense? this makes me so mad why don't you ever see the blown camaros, corvettes or mustangs being crushed? If they are going to crush for racing why not for dui's and other negligent acts

MCcelica
10-27-2009, 05:17 PM
i fucking hate you all.

:bignohomohug: :lolhittin

Shadowlife25
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
^^ Ok, then. :)
I was starting to feel picked on with all the anti-California sentiment flying around.;)

MCcelica
10-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Oh you're fine... but california still sucks.

:hehe:

toyotaguy90
10-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Oh you're fine... but california still sucks.

Hey! watch it, some of us like it here!

geebes
10-28-2009, 03:56 AM
It helps to see that california is gay from an outsider perspective. If I lived there, I would be defending it too and saying that it is the US' most righteous state. Its physically a beautiful place though.

CriScO
10-28-2009, 04:55 AM

Dude, don't forget Boulder. Our state as a whole may not be gay, but, well... :hehe:

MCcelica
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
^Yeah... I know. I don't claim Boulder or Pueblo as part of CO though. (People from San Fran move to Boulder. People from LA move to Pueblo) Like I said. It detracts from the otherwise cool nature of our state. I'm gonna turn into the CO equivalent of Murgy. I'm gonna live in frickin like... Cotopaxi CO, and hate people, and drive the Bighorn Canyon at retarded speeds and get pulled over.

andy
10-29-2009, 02:36 AM
bighomohug!

BlueDragon
10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
lol +1 for everything Mc said about crushing... as well as the Colorado comments! I could imagine how horrible it would be to have this happen, and it sure does not make me want to race less. Just another layer of bullshit to make the too scared to live life public think the government can fix everything with a new law. They demonize the smallest inconsequential "crimes" or infractions, generally with no firm research into its actual effects. I would be willing to bet percentage wise street races cause less accidents than talking on a fucking cell phone or just plain not paying attention, so lets make laws against every possible scenario life could throw at us and life will be perfect right??? Wrong people... That is the exact opposite of liberty, and any of you whom defend this line of thought are supporting the newly veiled regime of fascism that has circumvented our government and media to dupe, cajole, dare I say... Terrorize the American public into giving their Liberty away and I for one am sick of this trend. Please research the past using sources other than your high school "history" book and realize what all these things really mean.

I still believe in the constitution in its unadulterated form. (this also is a red flag now on any list of suspicious terrorist like activities thus allowing them to detain said person for eternity or till death with no trial legal council etc. etc. Secret Military Tribunal mean anything to anyone?? FEMA internment camps set anyone off?? Just me??)

And if anyone wants to spout the over-reaction rhetoric my way... They condition you taking what small rights you have failed to cherish, convincing you its for your own good, and the good of the "Homeland" until one day you find yourself under Mau or Stalin or Hitler screaming towards 1984 so fast that you have no time to look behind you and understand what got you there and where your headed... Its the oldest trick in the book and it has been played out and then glossed over throughout history.

But the happy ending is people are smarter now and we have the internet still. So by all means do not take me at my word or take my opinions as gospel. Pleas take the time to be a responsible citizen and look into these issues yourself.

Capitalist Conspiracy
Federal Reserve (not federal nor holds any reserves a conglomerate of privately owned banks)
Esoteric Agenda
Secret Societies
Mystery Schools
Forgotten History
Mankind's Hidden Past
Human Devolution
Hidden Archeology
Ancient Human Origins

And if any of you listen to A.M. Radio try to sit through a few Coast to Coast AM that Art Bell started, very interesting unconventional and cutting edge topics are discussed. Some more out there than others. Always entertaining to me though.

I also must comment that I do not endorse any of these theories or topics as truth, I simply offer them to you for your own discretion (this is what media was supposed to be for, now the internet is the only true media, filled with lots of BS for sure, but its up to you to decide at least) and entertainment.

Final comment, this information is only for people who feel there is more to life than what society or government mouthpieces propose. Some refer to it as religion, some as enlightenment, others insanity conspiracy theorist nonsense. It's all up to you to decide. But do NOT I repeat do NOT uphold the status quo without understanding where it comes from and what it is designed to do. We do not have this by accident. If you are convinced there is nothing more than they tell you, thats fine that is your right and your place if you choose it and continue to. Take that right, but do not re-direct others interest in topics outside of the norm by ostracizing them for entertaining a view other than one you are comfortable with. Don't succumb to fear and group-think. These are some of the most pervasive aspects in society today, and to me are much more frightening and dangerous than any "Terrorist Muslim" threats.... Let alone a fucking street race... bahhhhh everyones gonna hate me now booohooo