PDA

View Full Version : Quick-Disconnect Terminals are AWESOME!

joe's gt
10-20-2009, 04:20 AM
So after visiting Mario a while back and telling him about my starting having trouble turning over and issues I had been having with my keyless entry system, I decided to get a quick disconnect for the negative cable.

Well...100x Thanks to Mario. I haven't had a starter problem since. Haven't had a chance to test the keyless entry cuz I have been too lazy to get a battery for my transmitter.

It turns out I had already replaced the negative terminal and grounds, but the actual crimp connection that came with it must have been poor quality, because once I connected the Quick-Disconnect terminal with the clamp type connection, my interior lights seems brighter and I haven't had problems starting since.

So I highly recommend those clamp type terminals and to avoid terminals that have already been pre-crimped. Seemed to have solved my starting issue.

celica9303
10-20-2009, 05:47 AM
pics? i dont get it

joe's gt
10-21-2009, 04:17 AM
you can find them at almost any automotive store.

http://www.batteriesareus.com/images/bru16.JPG

The chassis and tranny ground are clamped by the two bolts. And to disconnect the wires you just unscrew the black cap a few turns and slide it out. The terminal stays connected to the battery.

It avoids the crappy crimp connection at the terminal which is what I experienced when I bought my terminal a year or so ago and prevents you from having to go get a wrench every time you want to disconnect the battery.

VikingJZ
10-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Baller!

I might have to get some for the Celica

joe's gt
10-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Baller!

I might have to get some for the Celica

Dude, they are so easy to put on and so worth it. Just cut off your oem wires behind the crimp, strip them, clamp them in the bracket, put on the terminal, and enjoy effortless disconnecting of the battery in like 5 seconds.

Rick89GTS
10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I've seen those but never really gave it a second thought until now. I'll have to pick one up.

Shadowlife25
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
They are what I normally recommend.
For the price, you can't beat them and the fact that most of us are doing something to our cars at any given point, well... it just makes sense. :)

Glad it worked out for ya Joe.

jaydog82
04-24-2012, 04:04 AM
More
Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk