PDA

View Full Version : 6th gen gt4 front bumper question

speedworks
10-09-2009, 03:39 AM
ok, so here is my next question. on a 6th gen celica, is it possible to just throw on the gt4 front bumper? i was told by someone that it won't match the lines of the gt's hood and that i'd also have to change the radiator support.

is it really that hard, or can i just get my hands on a gt4 front bumper cover and slap it on and go?

any help on this one would be great since there are a few gt4 front bumper floating around on ebay right now

thanks
alex

Shadowlife25
10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
No. You need a new BUMPER support (crash bar). Radiator support is the same.

Hood is not an issue.

MCcelica
10-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Mario is half right. You'll need a new crash bar, and there are ways to "Modify yours to fit" the new bumper. However, the GT4 bumper will not fit with the GT hood. There are grilles on the bumper between the headlights that raise up higher than the bumper on the GT. So if you have the GT4 hood on a GT bumper, there will be a gap between the headlights. Also, a GT hood latch isn't long enough to snag a GT4 hood. The latch itself is, however the secondary safety latch is not.

Smaay
10-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Mario is half right. You'll need a new crash bar, and there are ways to "Modify yours to fit" the new bumper. However, the GT4 bumper will not fit with the GT hood. There are grilles on the bumper between the headlights that raise up higher than the bumper on the GT. So if you have the GT4 hood on a GT bumper, there will be a gap between the headlights. Also, a GT hood latch isn't long enough to snag a GT4 hood. The latch itself is, however the secondary safety latch is not.

this is correct, i just installed my GT4 bumper and hood this weekend. i bought the new parts that were available. i did have to do some fabrication. what i did was put the bumper on with the crash bar in to see where it lines up with the support frame. then i fabbed up some small brackets so the crash bar can mount on the frame. once that was all mounted i re-installed the bumper. the hood is a direct swap.

like mentioned, you can NOT use the GT4 bumper with the GT hood, you can use the GT4 hood and GT bumper but there will be a gap. oh i also extended the hood catch 3/4 inch.

im 2 toned right now, when i take everythign off to paint the car, ill take tons of pics.

IllIllIll
01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
I have seen pictures over on 6GC that show the gap they are talking about. I have also seen pictures of people that have made it work. I don't know how exactly but there's at least one or two cars that are running GT4 front bumpers & GT hoods with out a noticeable gap.

Goonter
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I have seen pictures over on 6GC that show the gap they are talking about. I have also seen pictures of people that have made it work. I don't know how exactly but there's at least one or two cars that are running GT4 front bumpers & GT hoods with out a noticeable gap.

installing a GT4 bumper and keeping GT hood will not leave a gap .. the opposite actually happens.the bumper extends up too much that you wont be able to close the hood. unless you wanna smash the top of your GT4 bumper >.> . . you COULD modify the bumper thought to fit the GT hood as you stated. but i'm riding on the same boat you are cause i only saw it on 6GC forums lol