PDA

View Full Version : so...it was stolen

ST1LLz82
10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Ok so last night was normal, i went out to the park with my friends chilled out for a bit, got some food then drove to the movies, then came home after the movie wasnt showing. I woke up today to my dad saying javi where did you park? i told him in the drive way. Turns out either it was towed for some unknown reason or stolen...I'm going to go with the latter :) SO here's my forum question. How many of you guys have had a car stolen and did u get it back? :tzed:

:UPDATE: Hey guys i just got some news from the marshal... sorta... I had to call New Yorks Help number 311, turns out it wasnt stolen, in fact since the car was registered under my dads name and he owed some tickets they decided to come and tow the car and not leave any indication @ 5:42 in the morning.... yea so now im car-less with an itchy gas pedal foot.

andy
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
unless celica parts are hot sellers in your part of the woods id say it was stolen joy rode and then dumped, the cops will find it eventually.

My brother had his 93 civic stolen we got it back stripped to the chassis. mega fail.

celica91gts
10-09-2009, 06:07 AM
you talking about that red eg hatch? didnt you say the cops found the dumbass stripping in their front yard???

donteatbugs
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah, they couldnt get the wheels off, lol

VikingJZ
10-09-2009, 04:37 PM
My dad had his 67 Fury GTX stolen and stripped back in the 70's.

That sucker had a 440 in it too :/

Commonly stolen cars are things like older Camry's and such.

Celicas aren't hot commodities. Vehicle theft in my area is very, very small. Usually happens in South Bend, but in my home town I don't know of anyone ever having their car stolen.

Bicycles are another story.

Just do a police report and hope the cops actually care.

They'd be all over it in Bremen. Gives them a break from blowing stop signs, failure to signal, and meeting at the BP petrol station every night at midnight for--no I'm not joking--donuts and coffee.

How ironic.

rizin
10-10-2009, 04:46 AM
That really sucks. When I lived in an apartment I would pass this black civic interior was stripped. Had the seats dash looked like a kid wanting to go faster. Ended up it was a stolen car. I walked by it for two weeks thinking it was some kids car wanting to go faster.

GT4SOM
10-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Joy Ride. Older celicas aren't very popular. Thank you god!

walter34
10-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I had my 74 stolen and the insurance almost gave up the cash. Then the Cops found it in a Chuch parkin lot. The radio was ripped out and for some reason they took off my gas cap and chucked it. i did find it in the grass. It was weird cuz the Interior and tires and wheels weren’t taken...

dups90gt
10-10-2009, 10:09 PM
That sucks! I had a dream my car was stolen just the other night , you get that tight feeling in your chest like you cant breath and that loose feeling in your stomach like you want to take a shit accompanied by the cold forearms and thighs mixed with 'you gota be fucking kidding me! this can't be happening!!!' shit, I can only imagine what you're going thru. I hope they find it in good order.

ST1LLz82
10-28-2009, 01:59 AM
That sucks! I had a dream my car was stolen just the other night , you get that tight feeling in your chest like you cant breath and that loose feeling in your stomach like you want to take a shit accompanied by the cold forearms and thighs mixed with 'you gota be fucking kidding me! this can't be happening!!!' shit, I can only imagine what you're going thru. I hope they find it in good order.

yea dude thats exactly how i felt then i found out what happened to it. (check the Update in the original post) and now im just angry :rant: .

ST1LLz82
10-28-2009, 02:01 AM
dam walter that blows but atleast u were able to get the car back. I rather like the look of the 70's celicas.

ST1LLz82
10-28-2009, 02:04 AM
That really sucks. When I lived in an apartment I would pass this black civic interior was stripped. Had the seats dash looked like a kid wanting to go faster. Ended up it was a stolen car. I walked by it for two weeks thinking it was some kids car wanting to go faster.
:eek: that mustve been horrible for the owner to be buggin outthe whole time. I was dreading that of my celica cuz theres quite a few celicas in my area alone and the bronx and brooklyn and the rest of queens new york. I did however get owned by my dad :wtf: :owned:

ST1LLz82
10-28-2009, 02:11 AM
My dad had his 67 Fury GTX stolen and stripped back in the 70's.

That sucker had a 440 in it too :/

Commonly stolen cars are things like older Camry's and such.

Celicas aren't hot commodities. Vehicle theft in my area is very, very small. Usually happens in South Bend, but in my home town I don't know of anyone ever having their car stolen.

Bicycles are another story.

Just do a police report and hope the cops actually care.

They'd be all over it in Bremen. Gives them a break from blowing stop signs, failure to signal, and meeting at the BP petrol station every night at midnight for--no I'm not joking--donuts and coffee.

How ironic.

yea a funny thing about the cops caring i called that same morning and the whole day they didnt show up good to know they had better things to tend to....

Okctrd
10-28-2009, 02:12 AM
that is messed up that they didn't leave any note or something!!! thats messed up.

Good to hear that turned good now.

ST1LLz82
10-28-2009, 02:13 AM
unless celica parts are hot sellers in your part of the woods id say it was stolen joy rode and then dumped, the cops will find it eventually.

My brother had his 93 civic stolen we got it back stripped to the chassis. mega fail.

that sucks dude. was he able to claim insurance on it?

but thankfully it wasn't stolen. Check the update i made. its infuriating

ST1LLz82
10-28-2009, 02:14 AM
that is messed up that they didn't leave any note or something!!! thats messed up.

Good to hear that turned good now.

yea dude i thought it was mad wrong for them to tow it and not leave a siezure notice on the door or somethin.

dups90gt
10-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Shit they're gay!

VikingJZ
10-30-2009, 05:13 AM
yea dude i thought it was mad wrong for them to tow it and not leave a siezure notice on the door or somethin.

They don't have to leave any notice.

Its like if you park in a parking lot and don't pay for parking or a meter. They can to your car without a notice.

That's why they did it at 6AM, because they know everyone was either sleeping or had already left for work. Towing and repo people have learned that others get quite mad when they find they are having their car towed. But, luckily, you can always just move the car before they tow it. It isn't their property.

If its in the garage, they can't touch it without a court order.

Keep that in mind.

ST1LLz82
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
They don't have to leave any notice.

Its like if you park in a parking lot and don't pay for parking or a meter. They can to your car without a notice.

That's why they did it at 6AM, because they know everyone was either sleeping or had already left for work. Towing and repo people have learned that others get quite mad when they find they are having their car towed. But, luckily, you can always just move the car before they tow it. It isn't their property.

If its in the garage, they can't touch it without a court order.

Keep that in mind.

I see. well as of now it seems a pretty slim chance of me getting it back cuz i had money but my dad needs to go with me to the place since the car was under his name and he forgot the papers for the car at his job one day and he wen to work on the day he said he was taking off, so w.e. I am now looking for a new car and hopefully i can find an ST205 (if thats the american model) or a GT4 *cough never happening* *cough*

I do however want it to be a manual transmission now. Any tips pointers as to what a good first manual car could be (celica perhaps ?)

could i get a title change or should i just start a new thread for this pregunta? (question in spanish :D )

celicaGT90_05
11-24-2009, 05:59 AM
ST205 was never offered in america and is the code of a 6th gen celica GT4/AllTrac/Whatever. We only recieved the ST165 and ST185 because we're just lucky bastards like that in the states