PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestions

KM
10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
While I work on the BGBs, use this thread to suggest my next project.
Suggestions will be discussed with the admin/mod team.

BGB: 5th Gen
BGB: 4th Gen
BGB: 6th Gen
BGB: 3rd Gen
BGB: other
Modifications page
Members Rides
move edit button away from quote button
make donation button more prominent
auto-resize COTM images

Murgatroy
10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Moving the edit button away from the quote button.

Making the Donation Button more prominent.

Moving my refrigerator closer to my desk.

Wait a minute... One of those you have nothing to do with.

KM
10-10-2009, 06:46 AM
*jedi move*
Did it work?

klapa
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
The place just keeps getting better and better - even in the few months I've been lurking around here I can see that changes are being made in a positive way.

My suggestion for something to be added to the docket would be an enhanced search function.

Currently the search function just seems to return all posts with one or more of the search terms - there is no further way to refine the search, and thus it is necessary to plow through many posts to find what one needs.

It would be nice to be able to first get a "batch" of posts satisfying one broad topic and then be able to search only withing thst set of results for other terms.

As an example - I originally found this site by googling "celica clutch replacement" after buying my STX with a slipping clutch. One of my hits was the post by KoreanJoey with the step-by-step procedure. I was looking for that post last night and had a heck of a time to find it, as any post with "clutch" in it would show up and I had to load each page till I found the one I was looking for. I also tried listing all posts by KoreanJoey - but there's lots of those too!

It would have been nice to be able to find one broad set of results and then "whittle" it down with additional searches operating on that set only.

KM
01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
The place just keeps getting better and better - even in the few months I've been lurking around here I can see that changes are being made in a positive way.

My suggestion for something to be added to the docket would be an enhanced search function.

Currently the search function just seems to return all posts with one or more of the search terms - there is no further way to refine the search, and thus it is necessary to plow through many posts to find what one needs.

It would be nice to be able to first get a "batch" of posts satisfying one broad topic and then be able to search only withing thst set of results for other terms.

As an example - I originally found this site by googling "celica clutch replacement" after buying my STX with a slipping clutch. One of my hits was the post by KoreanJoey with the step-by-step procedure. I was looking for that post last night and had a heck of a time to find it, as any post with "clutch" in it would show up and I had to load each page till I found the one I was looking for. I also tried listing all posts by KoreanJoey - but there's lots of those too!

It would have been nice to be able to find one broad set of results and then "whittle" it down with additional searches operating on that set only.

Uh... http://www.celicatech.com/forums/search.php

The write up you were looking for is here: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39144&highlight=clutch

klapa
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Uh... http://www.celicatech.com/forums/search.php

The write up you were looking for is here: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39144&highlight=clutch

Well - doggone! I was using that "search" button at the top that is yellow and never even noticed the advanced one on that tool bar - just goes to show the truth in that old saying - "build 'em a new school - and what do they do? EAT THE TEACHER!".

Dumby me.

I had found that post anyway and linked it.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-16-2010, 03:36 PM
A map with where everyone lives!

I know, not everyone has their location formatted correct to just reference this, but can we have a location map of where everyone is at?

There are a bunch of services that provide maps and allow for custom layering to mark locations. Maybe it is something us active users can update. It'd be cool for meets, like this massive mythical lizard race you guys keep mentioning, to visualize where people are coming from.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1374/543810516_caa0fe656e_o.jpg

MCcelica
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
We had something like that a while back...

Luni
03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Make my advertiser ads work :p

KM
03-16-2010, 08:25 PM
WTF they aren't working again?

Luni
03-16-2010, 09:21 PM
They havent been in internet explorer for a long time sir.

Remember when you do something, you have to test it in IE and Firefox.

KM
03-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I'll jump on it tonight. Old version of PHPMyAds had stopped working, new version doesn't install right.

Murgatroy
03-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I only see them on the very very bottom in FF, shouldn't they be at the top?

Luni
03-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Well somethings working caus ads pull to down below. And they always have. Just not above.

KM
03-17-2010, 03:53 AM
Well somethings working caus ads pull to down below. And they always have. Just not above.

I'm pretty sure the top was set so only regular members saw ads......

Luni
03-17-2010, 06:14 AM
everyone should see them

KM
03-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Gonna check the code tomorrow and see why it's not Firefox-compliant.
I now see ads on both the top and the bottom in IE (top ad needs to be moved or centered, though).

Edit: Actually, someone else check if it works in Firefox. I have Ad-block, and it's probably blocking the /advertising/ folder like it does on every other site.

Murgatroy
03-17-2010, 01:06 PM
I see ads on top left now.

Luni
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I see ads on the top left in IE too. Looks koo.

One last request. Can we move that ad to the top right now?

KM
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM
I see ads on the top left in IE too. Looks koo.

One last request. Can we move that ad to the top right now?

You're lucky this isn't the admin board. I'd use so many bad words.

Murgatroy
03-17-2010, 07:32 PM
:hehe:

Now the ads are showing up in two locations in FF, on the upper left still and then to the immediate right of my 'Welcome, Murgatroy' tag...

KM
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping it in the navbar. Looks cleaner. But you do see it in FF? I can't.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping it in the navbar. Looks cleaner. But you do see it in FF? I can't.

Works fine on both Safari and FF on my mac.

Luni
03-17-2010, 11:39 PM
I like where its at KM. Thank you.

Naemion
03-18-2010, 12:52 AM
The link for Red Rocket's store in the ads doesn't work for some reason.

KM
03-18-2010, 02:21 AM
The link for Red Rocket's store in the ads doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks. That's actually because his site (celica-alltrac.com) is offline. I will ask him about it and see how he wants his ad linked.

CriScO
03-18-2010, 04:42 AM
^ I forgot all about that. Probably because I couldn't see the ads for so long. :hehe:

I say go ahead and link to the Red Rocket section for now.

KM
03-18-2010, 06:04 AM
^ I forgot all about that. Probably because I couldn't see the ads for so long. :hehe:

I say go ahead and link to the Red Rocket section for now.

I sent him a PM asking what he wanted, and that I'm setting it as his forum for now. I just haven't logged into the advertising manager yet. Gonna do that now... and fix the way it looks while I'm at it.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Can I have bbcode superscript and subscript? Please...

It would be easier to do my notation without the "^"

Thanks!

KM
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Can I have bbcode superscript and subscript? Please...

It would be easier to do my notation without the "^"

Thanks!

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
(This is going into the FAQ.)

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
(This is going into the FAQ.)

ímuchas gracias!

theadidasmunky
08-31-2010, 11:33 PM
I would request that we get the plug-in installed so that us iPhone users (don't hate) can use apps like Tapatalk or Forum Runner to browse the board.
I get really bored at work and I browse the board all day but safari on our phones is terrible.
Cheers!

theadidasmunky
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I would request that we get the plug-in installed so that us iPhone users (don't hate) can use apps like Tapatalk or Forum Runner to browse the board.
I get really bored at work and I browse the board all day but safari on our phones is terrible.
Cheers!

Thanks! and that was fast too!

KM
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
:D

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-15-2010, 08:12 PM
May I please have image resizing in the BBCode?

or

KM
11-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Awesome suggestion!
I just found some bbcode examples, so I'll be adding a lot of new tags tonight.
I haven't had a reason to search for a bbcode site before, so this is great!

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Resizing will make me soooooooo happy too. Nice neatly resized images for all. I can envision a Celica-of-the-Month thread with all same sized images. Glad to have sparked some BBCode treasure hunting.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Can we have a better system for organizing NSFW photos? A way to tag NSFW photos so they DON'T show up under our user profiles when we open them. I went to open a profile today at work and had a random gallery pic greet me, that was far, far from safe-for-work. Thanks!!

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-19-2011, 09:26 PM
I have another suggestion: Frame embedding for Google Maps.

There are many occasions have a map from Google embedded in posts would benefit the community. Especially for my new thread contains routes...

Meets, directions, locations and cruises could make use of this feature. Thanks!

allTRACway
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I have seen on my other forums that when I pull up my PM to read it gives me the last 5 sent and received. That would be awesome so we don't have to go in and out of our messages to remember the whole conversation.

cocojambo
05-29-2017, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, I was thinking maybe you could put a little chatbox between the logo and the forum itself. So you don't need a new tab for it :) thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see it, just had to refresh the page. Now this is weird... don't mind me, sorry.