PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I got the other day?

CriScO
10-03-2009, 08:37 AM
It's ELECTRIC. :hehe:

alistair
10-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I got one of those too! pretty fancy stuff :P

T-spoon
10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I prefer the stock one:

No oil pressure - no it's half - no it's gone - no it's over half - nope, zero - no there's some.......

KoreanJoey
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
What, you didn't like having an oil swimming pool in the back seat?

CriScO
10-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Well sure, it was fun, but it cost me $5 every hundred miles! :hehe:

I'm so glad I went back to semi-synthetic before that trip...

andy
10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
herpes?

Nitro_Alltrac
10-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Hot oil treatments are supposed to be good for you skin and hair. :Ban1:

New gauge looks great Chris. Now get it installed!

Waffles!
10-08-2009, 10:27 PM
What, you didn't like having an oil swimming pool in the back seat?

The oil swimming pool was win.

I'm glad you got the new gauge.

CriScO
10-09-2009, 12:07 AM
New gauge looks great Chris. Now get it installed!
I'm getting there. I rebuilt part of the wire harness I made for the originals to accept the two new hot and two new ground leads(I went ahead and got an electric water temp too). I just need to make one more small two wire harness for the sending unit leads at the gauge side, I'm not making the other side until I'm under the hood and know the exact length I need for each.

Two other things are still in the way. One, shortly after I got the original gauges the bulb socket fell out of the voltage gauge, and melted the plastic around it's own housing. It's obviously still able to hold the bulb socket loosely, and has held up all this time, but I'd prefer to replace it. Problem is, it turns out that Equus doesn't sell the 1.5" voltmeter seperate from the three gauge kit I bought the first time. It's still cheap, about $35 for the set, but I don't want to give them money for any more damn mechanical gauges! I'll probably give in and give the other two to one of my employees.

Two, I need a damn day off to do it! I know it will take an hour max, but I tend not to have a free hour during daylight. No garage=extreme fail for me. Today there's freezing rain/snow, and even without that I've still got other shit to catch up on. This is my only day off this week.

So yeah, there's two empty holes in my console right now, the original water temp is still there because I haven't gotten around to pulling the fitting out of the water neck. That one doesn't detatch at the gauge end. So I'll get to it eventually. They're actually transferring another manager to my store for additional training, so I might not have to be there all the freaking time! Hooray!

KM
10-09-2009, 12:19 AM
herpes?

He doesn't know that yet.

celica91gts
10-09-2009, 06:10 AM
im really hoping you guys arn't implying that mechanical oil pressure gauges leak like crazy? =(

Grot
10-09-2009, 06:46 AM
not unless your fittings break on you way across the country

CriScO
10-10-2009, 05:53 AM
not unless your fittings break on you way across the country
That about sums it up.

You'll be fine man. To be honest mine probably broke when I was doing some work with the console right before I left. I was using copper tubing instead of plastic(so it wouldn't break! Ha!) and I think I may have bent it at the gauge side when I put the console back in place. I was in a hurry. The leak was right at the junction where the tube connects to the gauge, so I either broke the farrel nut that seals the tube or where the fitting connects to the gauge.

Leaking is always a possibility with mechanical gauges, but generally it's because the installer fucked something up, or someone was being stupid and in a hurry like me.

geebes
10-10-2009, 06:17 AM
I guess I'm a couple of days late, but I'm guessing that you got the itchiest asshole that you have ever experienced.

CriScO
10-10-2009, 06:20 AM
:laugh: Actually you're a few months late, it happened on my dragon trip.

And thankfully, it pooled on the floor of the back seat. None at ass level!

rizin
10-10-2009, 07:06 AM
I guess if it was ass level you would have been f'ed!

Nitro_Alltrac
10-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Got to look at the bright side, you shouldn't have rust in the rear floor pans now! :laugh: