PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Red Button? Japan home market

Beano
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Can anyone tell me what the little red rectangular button just ahead of the auto-shift lever is for on Japanese home market models (ie my '95 cabriolet) it has Japanese characters on it. No it isn't for the hazard warning flashers. It doesn't appear to do anything.

Also what does the white button marked 'PWR/MAN' do?
Is it something to do with the folding roof? (Power / Manual?) It too appears to have no effect on anything when pressed. When raising/lowering the hood (roof) manually it is obviously not possible to disconnect the electric motors - you can hear them whizzing around, driven by the movement of the lift arms.
Regards,
Roger

kungFUBAR
09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Seems like your ejector seat is malfunctioning.

j/k :hehe:

The PWR/MAN button should be a shift controller. The PWR setting shifts at different points than the normal auto does. The MAN setting should hold whatever gear you have selected with the shifter (1st for L, 2nd for 2, 3rd for D, that kind of thing)

Pics of the little red button?

*EDIT*
Apparently the red button unlocks the shifter when the key isn't in the ignition. But pics still, in case someone here can translate better than babelfish lol

alistair
09-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Maybe your car is out of JDM and needs the JDM refilled before the red triangular button will do anything.

It could also be the 'summon stealthy ninja's' button.

METDeath
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Post a picture of it, and someone should be able to fill you in on what it is.

Beano
09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Ejector seat! - Thank God I didn't press it while bowling down the M1.
However, those Stealthy Ninjas could be useful when parking in 'dubious locations'?

I'll check out the other suggestions and post a pic too - I'll have to be quick cos it comes off the road for our winter tomorrow (30th Sept)