PDA

View Full Version : Ruhh ohh. =[

Toyotaaa
09-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Seems like my power steering fluid is leaking pretty bad, its all over my firewall and down my right wheel rotors and all kinds of other shit, its shooting back into the flares and all kinds of stuff.

Any ideas as of where its leaking from?

Also on a stock 5stfe engine, 92 celica GT, whats the biggest rim that can fit on there? and what size tire on that rim?

thank yaaaaaa

Mr Celica
09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
what is a 5stfe?!?!! lol. you mean 5sfe.

honestly for a rim, you can fit probably up to a 20" if you roll the fenders like crazy... i wouldn't go any bigger than 18 though, otherwise it looks silly. with a car with such modest body lines and short height, a very big rim looks odd on it. I had 17s on my car before on stock suspension, and i thought it looked like a monster truck.

IMO, a 16" wheel with some sticky tires lowered a bit is prime on your car.

ps do you have a coupe or a hatch?

as for the PS thing, the only way to find out is to look man...

Toyotaaa
09-23-2009, 02:49 AM
I looked and looked, I can't see inside the firewall where its leaking at, and uhmmm so your saying probably 16inch rims, and what profile tires ya think im looking at? and should I get 7inch rims?

Slider
09-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Did you check along the both of the hoses?

Toyotaaa
09-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Yes, no slits, holes, cuts, punctures, anything..

85gtsblackman
09-23-2009, 05:31 AM
if its all over the place like that its probally the high pressure line

i had that happen on my vert, i couldnt find it till i tore the insulation off

T-spoon
09-23-2009, 05:34 AM
if its all over the place like that its probally the high pressure line

i had that happen on my vert, i couldnt find it till i tore the insulation off

+1. Super common, not just on the celica but on loooooots of cars getting to be that age.

bruce77x
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Same problem on my 92 GT. Couldn't see the multiple holes in the high pressure line until I took off the insulation. A little tight in there but not a hard fix.

ST1LLz82
10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Yea i think the power steering pump on my celica was making extra noise or rather the pulley was. Dude try the connections for ur ps.