PDA

View Full Version : jumping???

celliboy8804
09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
ok guys i have a 92 celica gt and it stock. When i take off from a stop and im leting off the clutch and giving it gas the car seems to jumo up a few time then it ok threw the other gears. I not forsure but it seem to only happen untill it warms up. please help

Nitro_Alltrac
09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Sounds like the clutch isn't engaging smoothly, especially when its cold. I'm not sure if there is any adjustment on the clutch though.

rizin
09-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Wow kind of sounds like my buddys rps full carbon clutch setup. But he would have to burn it to get it to engage smooth.

I dont think you have a carbon clutch setup. No need to adjust a clutch works just like the brakes. More it wears out the less it backs off. If you heat a rotor it will warp and you feel it pulse. I would say something is warped. When you heat a stock friction plate it slips more. So the hi and low areas of the flywheel or preesure plate are not noticed as much as when the friction plate is cold.

Tecker184
09-19-2009, 05:32 AM
i second that your pressure plate is warped i had the same problem in my old GT chattered a bit when cold.

celliboy8804
09-19-2009, 07:20 AM
i second that your pressure plate is warped i had the same problem in my old GT chattered a bit when cold.

will this mess up anything and also do do i need a new clutch? thanks

KoreanJoey
09-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Could be partly due to worn motor mounts which allow your engine to rock too far, eating up your forward momentum until they reach the end of their travel.

rizin
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Yes to true koreanJoey so I Would say cheack the mounts then go from there.

Tecker184
09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
yea but if it was the mounts wouldn't it do it all the time not when it was warm or cold?

andy
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
my car did this because the clutch was worn out, also because my tranny input shaft seal was leaking fluid into my clutch. check your for leaks.

rizin
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
It can be a combination of everthing mounts letting the engine rock causing the clutch to grab and let go as the engine sunddenly hits its max movement and rocks back to do it again. Not noticed as much when the cluch has been heated and is not grabbing as hard as when it is cold.

Or the same deal with warped pressure plate clutch gets warm and the high and lows are not noticed so much by the heated clutch.

Or then you could have oil getting on the clutch as it sits and is burned of by using the clutch.