PDA

View Full Version : wideband O2

taibones
09-17-2009, 02:29 AM
i was looking at getting a wideband and was just wondering what works for other people

Sang
09-17-2009, 02:22 PM
If you have a laptop, i'm partial to a zeitronix.

Mafix
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
there are tons of widebands and controllers available.
running standalone ems? or just looking for a wideband and gauge?

taibones
09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
right now i just want the wideband and gauge i do have a laptop i do have a project but i am taking it one step at a time, right now i have the stock ecu but lookng at a standalone later on down the road so i was looking for one that can change as new parts get added and is pretty user friendly

Mafix
09-17-2009, 06:29 PM
well that complicates things for later.
have you decided what standalone unit you are going with?

joe's gt
09-17-2009, 07:29 PM
A lot of diyers like innovative. I haven't really heard of a "bad" brand of them. As long as you stick with the more well known one's u'll be fine.

Check out the tuning tips section of the efi forum on efi101.com. They have a few threads about widebands with responses ranging from professional tuners to diyers.

I believe if you can afford it, its an excellent investment with or without an EMS just to know whats really going on in the engine.

Sang
09-17-2009, 07:36 PM
right now i just want the wideband and gauge i do have a laptop i do have a project but i am taking it one step at a time, right now i have the stock ecu but lookng at a standalone later on down the road so i was looking for one that can change as new parts get added and is pretty user friendly

The zeitronix can start datalogging right out the box via rpm. There are many options for sensors as well, MAP and EGT to name the most popular. Other notable options is the ZAVT warning box/switch via 0-5v signal as well as the E85 content analyzer if you plan to use ethanol.

Good luck with whatever you go with.

A lot of diyers like innovative.

A true DIY'er uses JAW.

...I need to find some time to put one together for myself.

taibones
09-17-2009, 11:12 PM
well i have looked at megasquirt so im thinking of going with it later on down the road, the way i look at it, its better to spend extra money and do it right the first time then to cheap out and have to replace it down the road
i want input to what others use and what they have gotten out of it , right now i have a head that i plan on having rebuilt
its an 86 3sge head with stock cams and fuel rail and injectors but all of it will be upgraded later on so i wanted to be able to recored stock afr up to after the upgrades and what not

joe's gt
09-18-2009, 01:32 AM
A true DIY'er uses JAW.

...I need to find some time to put one together for myself.

Nice, never seen that before.

Sang
09-18-2009, 02:43 AM
It's a good, cheap wideband that works very well. From what I've been told (I haven't looked into this version) NAW_7S they sell is a pre-assembled version of the JAW 1.041, except it doesn't have datalogging capabilities. But you'd still need to assemble the display.

I plan on picking up a JAW 1.041 next week or two.

taibones
09-18-2009, 04:59 AM
i found a few youtube vids of the naw from what i seen its pretty good and people seem to like them 100 bucks isnt so bad for the the control and display from what i notice they guy uses bosch sensors