PDA

View Full Version : 3SGTE engine swap question

snyder
12-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Hello. I am almost done with the engine swap. I have a 93 JDM 3SGTE going into a 88GTS. The last wire I am looking for is the stop switch wire going to the ECU. I can't find it on the ST185 wiring harness. Does anyone know where it is.

CelicaLaxer11
12-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Pin 4 of ECU connector: E8-A. its the 22? Pin Connector. it Should be Green w/ White stripe.

Just off the top of my head.. i may be wrong.

snyder
12-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Mike. Thanks for the reply. I already know the wire off the ECU. It is Green with white stripe. I can't the wire in the wiring harness itself. The stop switch plug is located right where the harness goes through the firewall. On my 88 GTS the plug is there. On the ST185 wiring harness there are three plugs and none are the stop switch.

CelicaLaxer11
12-07-2004, 01:41 AM
You know what it is... on the ST185 two of the 3 ECU connectors are on the engine harness. the 3rd one is on the chassis harness. The wire in question is on the connector that is part of the body harness. So you won't have that wire on the engine harness, it was left on the GT-FOUR.... so you'll have to run a wire from your stop switch to that connector manually..

snyder
12-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Thanks Mike. Probably the same with the fuel resistor pack and the fuel pump control relay. I ran new wires for those. I will post picture of the swap this weekend. Its a tight fit with the radiator fans, but both will work. Thanks again.

CelicaLaxer11
12-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks Mike. Probably the same with the fuel resistor pack and the fuel pump control relay. I ran new wires for those. I will post picture of the swap this weekend. Its a tight fit with the radiator fans, but both will work. Thanks again.

Yes you will... you can actually just bypass that whole system and leave your fuel pump on full power all the time.... which im not sure if thats a bad thing or not....

ChrisD
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey Chris,

For the life of me, I can't remember what needed to be done with that wire. I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. Can't you take a look at the wiring diagram to see how the wire travels from the ECU to the stop light switch?

snyder
12-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Chris. I am looking at the wiring diagrams. On our car (88GTS/alltrac) that 6 pin plug where the stop switch wire is located, is part of the main engine harness. On the 90-93 alltrac, it has another wiring harness and is not in the main engine harness. I have to run another wire from the firewall to the ECU. I will post pics the weekend.

Thanks,

Chris Snyder

ChrisD
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Ohhh okay I found it. I vaguely talk about it in my write up, in the Miscellaneous plugs section.

It is this plug you are talking about:

http://www.gtfour.ca/DSC02244.JPG

http://www.gtfour.ca/DSC02245.JPG

where:

* green/white/stripe: to STP pin on ecu
* black/white: plug on transmission (2 wire plug)
* White/Blue: A/C (blue plug 165)
* White/Red: A/C (blue plug 165)
* black/brown/stripe: interior connector pin 19 on st185 interior connector, after it is rewired
* brown: plug on transmission

More than likely what I did was remove these wires from the original ST165 harness, and added them to the ST185 harness. Basically a real life cut/paste. That is the easiest way to do it, and you retain the stock wire colours. So just plug them in exactly as they are plugged in on the 165 harness.

Does that help?

snyder
12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Thats the plug Chris. I have to run new wires because the ST185 engine wiring harness does not have that plug. The only wire I need is the stop switch wire.

Thanks,

Chris Snyder

ChrisD
12-08-2004, 01:43 AM
Thats the plug Chris. I have to run new wires because the ST185 engine wiring harness does not have that plug. The only wire I need is the stop switch wire.

Thanks,

Chris Snyder

That is what I mean. Instead of running brand new wires, I simply removed them from the ST165 harness and added them to the ST185 harness. :)

snyder
12-08-2004, 03:55 AM
Yeah. I have a ST162 though.