PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing exhaust for both Celi's

MCcelica
09-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Back story. On my 7th gen, I have a fart can that the previous owner put on. It always annoyed me, but never quite enough to replace it. So I've wanted to for a while. Thing is, now I'm out in Iraq and my parents are driving my cars. My mom's matrix got plowed about a week ago, so she's been driving my 7th gen all the time until it gets fixed. She says it's "Fun to drive, but it sounds like I'm in a goddamn airplane". So I'd like to get that taken care of for 'er. I'm just going to order the parts, have them sent to her house, and cut her a check for enough to cover taking it to an exhaust shop and having them put it on. So. What I'm looking for is a relatively high performance cat back exhaust setup that still maintains a reasonable volume. (Plus, I've wanted to change it for a while cause it's already gotten me in trouble a couple times)

I also want to do a cat back for the 94. (5sfe w/camry header and bypassed primary cat on a stock resonator/muffler as it currently sits). Im looking to replace this after I get back as I want to get the 2000 taken care of first. Main reason behind wanting to do this is, aside from the header and bypassed cat, there isn't a single component of that exhaust system that has ever been replaced... and you can kind of tell. Not only does the muffler still have some of the stock paint overspray, but it sounds like ass.

If anyone has any recommendations as to some decent sounding high performance cat back systems, please post them up. Also possibly some links to some sources. My only other criteria is it can't be some no-name ebay cheapo crap. I don't want to do this again within the next 10 years, so price is *almost* nonwithstanding.

Thanks for any help yall

MCcelica

CriScO
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Well, I don't have any pre-made system suggestions, but if it's close enough have them go to Mountain Muffler in Golden. Have her tell the owner she's a friend of Chris from Checker and he'll take care of her.

If your parents/you want me to set it up instead just let me know.

MCcelica
09-13-2009, 05:23 PM
That's kind of out of their way. They live in Pueblo. Thanks though.

Anyone have any experience with tanabe exhaust systems? I was looking at this, dunno what it's actually like though as it says "Sample image only, actual product may vary" but give 'er a look --> http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-3046-34-tanabe-concept-g-toyota-celica-zzt231-2000-up.aspx

Ryan
09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Tanabe makes a good product. I would say you should go to youtube if you get a chance and just listen to different exhausts, and find one that you like the tone of.

MCcelica
09-13-2009, 08:24 PM
I would but that's a no-go. Internet is limited out here. I can get on here, mostly because comm doesn't know what Ctech is yet, but I can't get on facebook, or nothin like that. Hotmail's also locked out, and yes I know ways to get around it... those don't work either. I got another connection that'll get there, but it'll also take 6 days to load up the video. (I'm talking speeds of about 8 kbps)

MCcelica
09-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Bump for ideas

MCcelica
09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Strike that. I think Im going with the Apexi World Sport 2. Sounded pretty good on my buddies H22 swapped accord.

85gtsblackman
09-15-2009, 05:03 AM
wonder how a borla boomer would sound on the 7th gen, allthough the zz motors sound honda like so :dunno:

MCcelica
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Couldn't find any borla for the 2zzGe. But that's sorta what I figured too. 2zz sounds like a honda engine, so it stands to reason that an exhaust that sounds good on a honda would be ok. Guess we'll see.

mar_phi6
09-15-2009, 09:25 AM
there a member on here that drive a 7th gen without a muffler and sound pretty good

MCcelica
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
^Fuck that. I call bullshit.

Boycott!Swagger
09-15-2009, 07:11 PM
It's actually true that it does sound pretty mean/funny without the muffler. I use to do it on my 7th gen, unfortunately the sound can be a little loud and obnoxious, so if you want a quiet sound but still a tone at all, i wouldn't go towards that idea. Long ago before i got my 91 and worked on it, i thought about a greddy evo 2 catback. Although its pretty hefty in price, it sounds pretty awesome. I wanted it for so long, but i didn't have funding after my purchase of an engine.

Take what i say as you will, just trying to be helpful.

MCcelica
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
^Good lookin out bro, thanks