PDA

View Full Version : 3vz-fe swap

drew92
09-06-2009, 08:48 AM
hey there
sorry this is my first post on this site and i've only done about 2 hours of research.
i have a few questions for people with a swapped 3vz-fe.

i'm new to celicas in general but i have a few questions...
first off, how many of the 3vz-fe swaps have been done? also those who have done it is it worth it in your opinion?

the deal is my friend's celica blew up about 2 years ago and while he was waiting on getting it fixed and waiting on a new engine he bought a 3000 gt and so the celica sits unfinished..
iirc the celica is a 91 GT 2.2...
if it was cheap and not too hard to do i would swap the 3vz-fe from a 92 lexus es300 into the celica... i'm wondering what you would need for the swap i know some wiring is involved and a few mounts or whatever but in general what was needed to complete it and what was custom made..i would have both complete cars infront of me while doing the swap.... the lexus is an auto and the celica is a five speed. the lexus runs fine right now i'd just rather have a 2 door 5 speed celica over a 4 door auto lexus.....
it would just be a n/a engine for the first few months then maybe some boost later on. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Shadowlife25
09-06-2009, 12:09 PM
This should answer most of your questions.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39671