PDA

View Full Version : Help with my system its messed up

Formula Celica
03-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I just got a used celica gt it also has system 10 in it so it had the amp and all that crap. So i just bought a new alpine deck and put it in, i got the special harness that has the RCA inputs on it but when i turn it on and off you can hear it thruout all the speakers like a click noise when it shuts off also i need to get into my subs on the doors how do i reach those? cause they are blown and that got me thinking what if that noise when i shut it off is from those blown subs in the doors i just really wish i knew what was going on.

david in germany
03-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I just got a used celica gt it also has system 10 in it so it had the amp and all that crap. So i just bought a new alpine deck and put it in, i got the special harness that has the RCA inputs on it but when i turn it on and off you can hear it thruout all the speakers like a click noise when it shuts off also i need to get into my subs on the doors how do i reach those? cause they are blown and that got me thinking what if that noise when i shut it off is from those blown subs in the doors i just really wish i knew what was going on.

I can't tell you wat the problem couldbe but I believe that to remove te system 10 subs you need to pull te door pannel. (about 6 screws and then it pops off. Can anyone with the system 10 help him out? If you would like a cheap replacement woofer partsexpress.com has subs that should work for about $13. each (goldwood OEM)
Good luck!
David

Formula Celica
03-27-2005, 10:03 PM
hey thanks dude i just was also wondering about how like deep like the depth of subs so i know if i need like a certain size and i dont get one thats too big, thanks again!

TEAMFaint
03-28-2005, 01:31 AM
The 8" subs in the doors are not subwoofers, they are mid-woofers. A lot of people have put replacement subwoofers in them, but if you do, make sure they arent high end subs for the magnet will not fit because it is not very deep. If you wanna put subwoofers in there, get a low end Rockford (P1) or low end Kicker (Comp). David in germany is right, to remove the door panels all you have to do is take out the 6 screws so you can gain entry to the subs. About the clicking, I also had this problem, but it stopped. I'm not sure what the problem is so its up to someone else to help ya with this.

acidice333
03-28-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm lazy but here's all the screws I had to remove to get my panel off.

http://www.sweetlikecandy.info/DSC01803-E%20(Large).JPG

Formula Celica
03-28-2005, 04:51 AM
so how bout some rockford punch stage 1's? i really like alpine JL and Eclipse more but they are so expensive so idk even if they make 8" subs so idk but let me know like what kinds i could use thanks for all the comments too and the instructions on taking the door off.

david in germany
03-28-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm lazy but here's all the screws I had to remove to get my panel off.

http://www.sweetlikecandy.info/DSC01803-E%20(Large).JPG

I would also recomend poping the tweeter cover off so that the pannel will clear when you lift it.

acidice333
03-28-2005, 07:11 AM
I popped off my tweeter cover and rolled down the window, took out all the screws and stuff, then the door panel was held on by a few clips so I just tugged and pulled upward and tugged and it came out. The really hard part for me was popping off the screw covers (ruined the covers now, haha and have some stabs)

So to sum it up, two screws on the left, one under the light, one over by handle, one above the speaker, two below the speaker, two on the right, and two? on the door window control thing (may need to unscrew one, then popoff the cover to get to the other one).

And heres what it should look like after the door panel is off..

http://www.sweetlikecandy.info/DSC01810%20(Large).JPG

Others may differ (:

Formula Celica
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM
hey thanks you guys for showing me the door panel and how to remove sorry about messing up your door dude like the screw covers but seriously thanks alot this will help me out greatly!

acidice333
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm not worried about my screw covers.. I'm actually worried about my door panels and the jabbs trying to get out those covers. Not really noticable unless u look hard. Now to wait for my order of 100x blue 3mm LEDs to replace my power window control lights