PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Rail Pricing

Sang
08-25-2009, 11:52 PM
What would be a good pricing on drilled -8 fuel rail extrusions? These would be intended for the DIY'er. Only thing you really need to make on your own would be a couple brackets to hold it to the head.

Injector ports would be properly drilled with an 11mm injector port tool.
Chamfered for a good o-ring seal on the outter bore.
Slightly tapered in the inner bore for a good seal on the top o-ring.
Tapped for -8 fittings on either end.

I was thinking something like $85-$90 shipped. Brackets shouldn't cost you more than $30 if you get a local machine shop to do it netting you a nice, TFFR for $120-$130.

I'll throw up some pics of one when I get my camera back from my sister.

-Sang

Sang
08-27-2009, 02:33 AM
I guess there's no market for the DIY'er? Hopefully that will change once I put up my How To.

I have enough material to make 5 rails. 1 is definitely for me, maybe even two. So at least 3 will be up for sale.

I have gen2 3sgte/5sfe rail here handy. As well as gen3 3sgte and supra 2jzgte rails to make measurements and drill for if needed. :)

Lagos
08-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Pics help sell the idea of stuff like this. :)

Sang
08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Good point ;) I've got some camera phone pictures I can upload later.

I'll take some this weekend if I can borrow my friends camera.

-Sang

Sang
08-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Injector Port - Hard to capture the taper without a good camera :(
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/Sang_Han/FuelRail1.jpg
-8 Port
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/Sang_Han/FuelRail2.jpg

Lagos
08-28-2009, 07:29 AM
thats a nice lookin rail and a cheap price.
I think you should try to include the brackets and everything. this is fuel we are talking about, and some kids idea of what works might end up with a nice engine fire.

Sang
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I thought about it. But in the end, there are so many different style ND injectors that it'd be easier for the end user to make their own to fit whatever injector they use.

Plus, unless i put a good bit of miles on my own setup to ensure the kit would work flawlessly, I would not feel comfortable selling the same setup.

These rails wont be around for long (I hope). I'm just looking to liquidate my remaining rail stock to fund my next project. Custom side feed manifold :) I have enough rail stock to make 5 rails. One is for me (possibly two) and then the remainder is sold off.

Sang
08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
These will officially be going on sale, probably end of next week.

I have a running order with RMR for some manifold parts, so whenever I'll pay for that i'll have enough to make a few more. After the halfdozen or so are sold, that will be it for me. One rail is already spoken for, to the guy that originated the 5sfe DIY TFFR...looks like Karl wants to step up to a proper rail! ;)

I'll be using a new machine shop to get the drill work done, so pricing may alter depending on their rate. But I would be disappointed in myself if I let it exceed $100 shipped.

Sang
09-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Rails are being drilled as I type. The new machine shop i'm using came highly recommended as being VERY good but VERY expensive. I took a look at their samples they had lying around and I have to agree. Because of this i'm going to stick with them for my machining needs. They were in the middle of getting a big order done for honeywell so this batch of rails is taking longer than expected.

I've decided that final pricing on these will be $95 shipped. So...I was about $5 off on my guestimate.