PDA

View Full Version : Dragon '10

4thgenceli
08-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm guessing this is already in the planning phases correct? I'm knocking the idea around of attending next years run maybe with Shawn if he gets his Celi running (I'm not sure on bringing mine, the pace I"m going it' wont be running).

Trying to get an idea of how much time I'll need and crap to do the run.

Mr.Shaun91
08-23-2009, 04:53 PM
it might not be planned yet. but my uess is that it will be held the 23rd-25th weekend of april. thats about the time it has been held in prior runs.

and ya plan on me having it done by next weekend. :)

4thgenceli
08-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm spending my day inventorying what I do/don't have for mine. LMK if you wanna swing buy, I'll be wrenching on teh RC's as well. I dug out all those .22's for ya also.

MCcelica
08-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I vote we do it later. I'll be getting home from Iraq about then, and I need to get out to CO, get my car, and drive it back across country. I don't want to miss it this next year.

Mr.Shaun91
08-23-2009, 05:02 PM
well im not a head honcho here by any means so they can all discuss it and figure it out for you buddy.

ya i prolly cant make it out there tim. i dont have a running vehicle til these 2 cars are torn down and one of the engines rebuilt. ill be out in the shop again til about dinner time.

and thanks for lending me a hand yesterday.

Chris
08-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll like to attend this one, even if my vehicle isn't even in nearly the same category as a Celica. I've been on here over three years and have yet to meet anyone.

I wonder how my Wrangler will take the Dragon though, heh.

4thgenceli
08-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Same here. I'm honestly thinking of bringing teh accent :) lol

Chris
08-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Haha. Whatever gets us there.

Murgatroy
08-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I'll like to attend this one, even if my vehicle isn't even in nearly the same category as a Celica. I've been on here over three years and have yet to meet anyone.

I wonder how my Wrangler will take the Dragon though, heh.
There is a guy that has run it in a Cherokee for the last several years.

Hipster Lawrence
08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
The Exterra didn't seem to have any problems. And Dr Tweak was there in a T100.

Grot
08-23-2009, 11:44 PM
i had my ranger, and azz in his Taurus.

Hopefully i will have the celi running for the Oct dragon run.

Mr.Shaun91
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM
i didnt know we were doing an october run. would be nice but ill be doing my externship for a job..... oh well. i plan on going next year and i believe my brother (92celicagts) is going to meet us there as well.

Grot
08-24-2009, 12:05 AM
the october is 5 or 6 east coast members running, if anyone else wants to come they are welcome too, but its not a big meet.

Chris
08-24-2009, 12:24 AM
There is a guy that has run it in a Cherokee for the last several years.

Then I should be alright, thanks.

Well, here's to hoping I can make it out this year.

92celicagts
08-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I've got my 92 GT-S liftback, and might be purchasing a 91 GT with a 2.0L turbo and converted alltrac, so I'd like to attend. I'm Mr.Shaun91's bro.

92celicagts
08-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm really hopin' this happens. How many people are going to attend?

Mr.Shaun91
08-24-2009, 01:31 AM
you talking about the run next spring mike?

if so i have read that what about 50-60 members show? correct me if im wrong mods but thats what i remember reading. i may be wrong.

Murgatroy
08-24-2009, 02:04 AM
That is about right. I think we might have had more, but it depends on the way you count. We had more folks show, but not everyone was together at the same time.

92celicagts
08-24-2009, 02:26 AM
FUCK YEAH SON! 50-60? AH!
I need to get my valve train and all my shit dude, assuming I get the GT tomorrow.

92celicagts
08-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Hey Shaun, Check this out. I'm not sure if this is the same engine in that GT but I think it is.
http://www.alltrac.net/tuning/engine.html

What do you think?

CriScO
08-24-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm not coming next year if Tim is.

Grot
08-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Aw, you know you have to Chris, i will have my 4th gen, and he will have his, that will be 3 4th gens!

4thgenceli
08-24-2009, 05:03 AM
WTF does that mean?

CriScO
08-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Aw, you know you have to Chris, i will have my 4th gen, and he will have his, that will be 3 4th gens!
I was just giving Tim shit, it's what I do. Though he doesn't need more shit. Pun intended. :hehe:

I don't know if the coupe can do it again, honestly. She's still running unbelievably fantastic, but the chasis' clunking around all over the place. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable making that trip without a full suspension overhaul, which I really don't want to do myself but can't afford to pay to have done. I definitely don't trust the hatchback's tranny either. I really don't want to fly, so I'm trying to convince Luni to bring his duece and pick me up on the way. :D I'll probably end up flying.

I'm planning to be there, just still mulling about how I'll get there. It's looking more and more likely I won't have either of my cars with me.

4thgenceli
08-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Same boat here. I'm 100% going this year, wife a-OK'd it already. I'm planning on ducking out Thursday after work and getting back Sunday night/Monday morning (prolly Monday).

Flying is still an option for me.. but I'd rather drive Celibaby if she's up for it.

Grot
08-24-2009, 05:22 AM
well Chris, if you do end up flying i will let you drive the coupe on at least part of the run (assuming shes running). I dont think the trip would be the same just riding the whole dragon.

CriScO
08-24-2009, 05:29 AM
What, so I can hold everyone up again? :hehe: Even if I do end up with one of my cars I'm planning to ride on the dragon. I'm just not good enough at curves to match everyone else, and honestly don't have much desire to. Thank you though. :)

Grot
08-24-2009, 05:32 AM
i was holding curves last year, but from reports from the prius my ass was swinging wide. i would prefer to have the celi next run, but either be in my truck or the GFs 350z if she gets the loan. but next year i hope to god the celica runs.

You werent really holding anyone up were you?

We just kinda lost you lol

CriScO
08-24-2009, 05:43 AM
:laugh: That part was Bugs' fault!

Edit: Well, the first time. Second time was all me. :hehe:

METDeath
08-24-2009, 01:30 PM
He's a slow driver. That's all.

If Jaz is rocking her deuce in the spring I'll have a seat available for someone that doesn't mind a FWD drifting car... (I've done it a few times now, it's fun!)

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Same boat here. I'm 100% going this year, wife a-OK'd it already. I'm planning on ducking out Thursday after work and getting back Sunday night/Monday morning (prolly Monday).

Flying is still an option for me.. but I'd rather drive Celibaby if she's up for it.

dude if celibaby isnt up and going. (it should be)(you have seen my shop:) ) and if not, well you can cruise with me in cecile(my baby) and we will make it there in record time. trust me. ask my bro 92celicagts, he knows how i drive.

so hey MODS, when will we start to see the dragon 10 rosters and stuff here on the site? and how many do you project will show for it?

Trance4c
08-25-2009, 02:17 AM
You all know we're going.. and we're staying in the same hotel, because we're taking over that bar!!

4thgenceli
08-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah, but the prob is she don't move right now unless it's towed.

I'm waiting to hear back on some used motors (checking out a JDM 1st gen 3sge as well as a used motor from a local junker for my car). Dropping teh hyundai in the trans shop Thursday.

The Captain
08-25-2009, 02:28 AM
You all know we're going.. and we're staying in the same hotel, because we're taking over that bar!!
HELLZ YEAH!

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 02:44 AM
He's a slow driver. That's all.

If Jaz is rocking her deuce in the spring I'll have a seat available for someone that doesn't mind a FWD drifting car... (I've done it a few times now, it's fun!)

ya sliding that ass end out wothout using the ebrake is a blast.

i will say one thing, come the dragon 10 run, it may be my first time, but trust me ill be leading the pack!!!! if you can keep up, your a good driver. :)

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah, but the prob is she don't move right now unless it's towed.

I'm waiting to hear back on some used motors (checking out a JDM 1st gen 3sge as well as a used motor from a local junker for my car). Dropping teh hyundai in the trans shop Thursday.

well ill be putting new pads on my car trailer, and your not far from me. i could tow it here possibly......

Murgatroy
08-25-2009, 03:29 AM
ya sliding that ass end out wothout using the ebrake is a blast.

i will say one thing, come the dragon 10 run, it may be my first time, but trust me ill be leading the pack!!!! if you can keep up, your a good driver. :)
I lead.

You wouldn't keep up. ;)

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 03:32 AM
I lead.

You wouldn't keep up. ;)

wannamake a bet out of this???? lol. ive never meet a person that could do things in a car like i could.

so lets get this ball rolling MURG...... we will have fun with this one.

and i am assuming that some crazy driving is allowed on this run? doesnt sound like you frown on it...... :)

Murgatroy
08-25-2009, 03:35 AM
As for planning, I will throw a new thread up in a month or two to set the date. There are going to be a few changes next year though.

While there will still be a group roll out time, there will be a dedicated time schedule and maps given out. This will ensure that even if you miss the group, you know where and when we will be.

Last year was massive, and it was near impossible to keep everyone together, and as such we lost several folks on the run.

We have spent a lot of time over the last few years stressing out over lost sheep and time deadlines. Next year we won't.

There will be a sign up, and most likely a fee (to cover t-shirts and stickers) to recoup some of the losses for sponsors. It will also enable us to have a better estimate of numbers.

The meet will be in late April or early May. It depends on everyone else.

I just spearhead it based on the demands of those who will attend.

I will stress again at this point in the planning, it is not, nor promoted as, a race. This is a group of enthusiasts gathering to enjoy camaraderie and cars. With a rather nice drive thrown in.

I also feel the need to state at this point, the wife has said no one outside of the inner circle will be allowed to bunk at my place. However, I might be persuaded to get a room at the Holiday Inn if pressured slightly.

I would officially like to start the discussion about the date now.

Begin.

Murgatroy
08-25-2009, 03:41 AM
wannamake a bet out of this???? lol. ive never meet a person that could do things in a car like i could.

so lets get this ball rolling MURG...... we will have fun with this one.

and i am assuming that some crazy driving is allowed on this run? doesnt sound like you frown on it...... :)
Crazy driving is frowned upon. The Dragon is a very technical road and has cost many of the brave (and the foolish) their lives.

We have had two members go off or nearly off the side of the mountain.

While I am full of bravado regarding the drive, it comes from years, and I do not exaggerate, of experience on this exact stretch of road.

It is highly patrolled, and believe me, they don't hesitate to pull you over. So unless you are a local, with a 20 car train of tourists that pull over with you, you will be getting a rather nice tax for using the Dragon.

So again, while I do talk tough about the Dragon, I strongly encourage everyone to be very careful and not let it outdrive them.

This is not about a race.

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 03:45 AM
ok well this isa personal request.

my brother (92celicagts) is in norfolk serving for the USN. he wishes to join this run. im thinking late april or early may as you have just stated. that way he can build up "LEAVE TIME" to join us.

my two cents on the dates.

1. The April 23rd 24th 25th weekend
~~OR~~
2. The April 30th may 1st & 2nd weekend
~~OR~~
3. The May 7th 8th 9th weekend

i leave this up to vote and discussion with all Celicatech.com members.

(nice fine print MURG) :)

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 03:56 AM
Crazy driving is frowned upon. The Dragon is a very technical road and has cost many of the brave (and the foolish) their lives.

We have had two members go off or nearly off the side of the mountain.

While I am full of bravado regarding the drive, it comes from years, and I do not exaggerate, of experience on this exact stretch of road.

It is highly patrolled, and believe me, they don't hesitate to pull you over. So unless you are a local, with a 20 car train of tourists that pull over with you, you will be getting a rather nice tax for using the Dragon.

So again, while I do talk tough about the Dragon, I strongly encourage everyone to be very careful and not let it outdrive them.

This is not about a race.

i completely understand. i am not one to cause a bad time or give this site a bad name. i will be generous with the road and we will all have a good time. :)
just know i am a very spirited driver and hope i can test the curves of the road a lil bit.

4thgenceli
08-25-2009, 04:00 AM
i will spoon with you if you share a room :)

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 04:03 AM
i will spoon with you if you share a room :)

with me or MURG?

4thgenceli
08-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Both!

CriScO
08-25-2009, 07:02 AM
I also feel the need to state at this point, the wife has said no one outside of the inner circle will be allowed to bunk at my place.
Sorry everybody, this one's my fault. :sneak:

I'll say the weekend of the 17th-18th, for no other reason than it's closest to last year's date. It honestly makes no difference to me though, I have no plans and thus no schedule conflicts.

Grot
08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
we need to look at tennessee football to see when they have an away game, and schedule it that weekend,

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
we need to look at tennessee football to see when they have an away game, and schedule it that weekend,

well they are bound to have an away game on one of the weekends i have mentioned, so ithink you will be safe.

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry everybody, this one's my fault. :sneak:

what did you do CriScO? i really wanted to cuddle with MURG, and caress his hairy chest. your not helping......

extremeskillz
08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I wish!

KoreanJoey
08-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I seriously need to ship the car this year... that drive sucked...

Nitro_Alltrac
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that UT's football schedule will be well over by April. :wiggle:

My only request on date is to stay away from the first weekends of the month. Due to work, I can't get off on Friday inside the first week of the month. Other than that, I'm good. The dates in April the past couple of years have worked good and the traffic isn't that bad at that point as will get later in the spring.

Mr.Shaun91
08-25-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that UT's football schedule will be well over by April. :wiggle:

My only request on date is to stay away from the first weekends of the month. Due to work, I can't get off on Friday inside the first week of the month. Other than that, I'm good. The dates in April the past couple of years have worked good and the traffic isn't that bad at that point as will get later in the spring.

im thinking the 30th of april to the 2nd of may would be perfect. i have a buddy in oregon that wants to go and he has no vacation til after the 24th of april. plus that weekend will help out NITRO_ALLTRAC and my brother acrue leave time form the USN.

i could even meet up with KOREANJOEY for the trip to the dragon........ :cool:

Nitro_Alltrac
08-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Much later than this and traffic really seems to start to pick up and law enforcement will much heavier. Murg can speak to this better though. This is one reason that we've gone in mid-April the past couple of years.

We need to keep an eye on the event calendar as well to see what is going on during particular weekends. It only goes through the end of the year right now.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/calendar.html

Murgatroy
08-26-2009, 03:12 AM
I don't do the Dragon between June and September.

Ever.

Mr.Shaun91
08-26-2009, 03:16 AM
well that helps MURG. really narrows it down....... haha.

anyone want to put this to a poll? im thinking its the best way to decide. unless you guys have a better idea......

Grot
08-26-2009, 03:16 AM
he normally does this in oct-nov ish

Mr.Shaun91
08-26-2009, 03:26 AM
well that sucks for me cuz there is no way i could do it this year and i dont want to wait til that time next year..... :(

Grot
08-26-2009, 03:30 AM
well that sucks for me cuz there is no way i could do it this year and i dont want to wait til that time next year..... :(

i meant he makes the poll oct-nov we ran april 17ish last year

Mr.Shaun91
08-26-2009, 04:03 AM
oh ok i get it now. sounds good.

92celicagts
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm hoping we can decide on a solid date soon :-). I'm in the US Navy and would have to take leave in order to pull this off, unless we do it on a national holiday that falls on a friday or monday, in which case I'll get a 4 day weekend because of shore duty. I won't be able to take leave between now and the end of January because I'm attending school right now and it would never be approved. So if this happens Oct-Nov I can't go. April would be perfect for me, however.

Murgatroy
08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
For clarification, we do two runs a year.

The Big run is April. That is the one with the massive turn out that everyone comes in from all over the country for.

We do a second smaller run in October/November. That one normally includes locals or those nearby.

We start the planning for the big meet in October November.

The big meet is the one that many of us plan our vacations and the like around.

92celicagts
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh okay cool. I'll make the big one then, assuming it's a go. :-). Good to know.

Mr.Shaun91
08-26-2009, 10:40 PM
ya it will be nice to do this with the members of this site and you my baby brother. lololololol hahahahahaha. mIkEEEEEy

Luni
08-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I actually am voting for a little later in the season. I want sometime in May this year.

Theres several people that cant go because of school that would go and make it funner, if we had it in may after finals.

My vote is May. And My vote is selecting a date soon, and getting it to the event calendar at tailofthedragon.com so other fuckers dont try and take our day.

Oh, and the Dragon run, is NOT kid friendly.

Guys who have attended before please confirm with me on this. Tim cant seem to wrap his head around it not being kid friendly.

Murgatroy
08-27-2009, 12:24 AM
I actually am voting for a little later in the season. I want sometime in May this year.

Theres several people that cant go because of school that would go and make it funner, if we had it in may after finals.

My vote is May. And My vote is selecting a date soon, and getting it to the event calendar at tailofthedragon.com so other fuckers dont try and take our day.

Oh, and the Dragon run, is NOT kid friendly.

Guys who have attended before please confirm with me on this. Tim cant seem to wrap his head around it not being kid friendly.
I live miles away and I have taken my daughter once.

She got sick.

Anyone who is subjected to a backseat run will get sick.

Ask Andy.

End of story.

Mr.Shaun91
08-27-2009, 01:01 AM
that makes it easy for me. i have no back seat..... lol.

Trance4c
08-27-2009, 01:55 AM
I liked the April time.. I'm sure early May can't be bad their either. Lots of nice weather, .. I say just keep shooting for the same time or early May. We definitely had cool mornings, but the days were beautiful this year.

Mr.Shaun91
08-27-2009, 02:50 AM
whats the average weather like over there?

92celicagts
08-27-2009, 02:58 AM
ya it will be nice to do this with the members of this site and you my baby brother. lololololol hahahahahaha. mIkEEEEEy

Lol. Hell yes older brotha! :-). Be good times SHAUNER! :-). Haha.

GT4SOM
08-27-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm definitely down for spring of 2010! We do need to decide on a date. I wouldn't mind the beginning of May because school will be out by then. Does anyone have a zip code or address for the dragon? I'm going to be looking to book a hilton hotel or affiliated hotel up there for a few nights (my parents work for them). I also might want to look into doing other stuff while I'm up there.

Need a date soon by Oct/Nov.

Grot
08-27-2009, 04:25 AM
whats the average weather like over there?

Weather is cool mornings, warm afternoons, cool nights.
Days are sunny, or overcast. spring is beautiful.

zip of knoxville where the meet is, is 37923. look for something close to Cedar Bluff Rd.

KoreanJoey
08-27-2009, 05:31 AM
So who wants to drive my car to the dragon?

Grot
08-27-2009, 05:32 AM
i will if you fly me out there.

KoreanJoey
08-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Well if I go solo I can actually sleep in the passenger seat... but then I'd have to go solo...

Grot
08-27-2009, 05:49 AM
no sleep in the back seat?

or all your shit in there?

4thgenceli
08-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Ship it out to me :)

KoreanJoey
08-27-2009, 06:05 AM
no sleep in the back seat?

or all your shit in there?

Trying to sleep in the back of the Celica is made of fail...

KoreanJoey
08-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Ship it out to me :)

No.

CriScO
08-27-2009, 06:14 AM
So who wants to drive my car to the dragon?
Done. But only if you drive the coupe. :)

acidice333
08-27-2009, 06:14 AM
More space to sleep in the back with the hatchback. Or at least I think it is... :) Flip the seats, make a false floor, and you will have a nice almost flat surface to sleep on.

KoreanJoey
08-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Well... thing is the hatch is going to get caged... so that might not work so well.

Mr.Shaun91
08-27-2009, 03:00 PM
ya with a cage in the way you would have to lay in the fetal position to sleep. not so comfy.....

Nitro_Alltrac
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Unless you're into some strainge bondage-yoga thing and then it could be interesting! :inout:

Mr.Shaun91
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
i agree. he might be one of those STRANGE people. you never know. :lolhittin

Waffles!
08-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Unless you're into some strainge bondage-yoga thing and then it could be interesting! :inout:

I could be down for some.

Mr.Shaun91
08-31-2009, 01:42 AM
I could be down for some.

ya we all know your crazy like that.

so its oct-nov time we see the poll for the dates correct? ya thought so. :)

cms-gt4
08-31-2009, 03:42 AM
The local S&M club is closed. Just for future reference.

Waffles!
08-31-2009, 04:24 AM
Damnit.

Party in my hotel room then?

KoreanJoey
08-31-2009, 04:58 AM
Dibs.

Luni
08-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Joey, remember.

I have dibs. I always have dibs. Jas loves me more than anyone else on here (except for Marshall and MAYBE the captain, but he doesnt help her fix her car)

cms-gt4
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Damnit.

Private parties are always better than the club parties. I prefer them out in the woods though, no people to call and complain about the noise, and no cops to show up and spoil the dirty dirty fun.

Ah... I miss the old party cabin. :(

METDeath
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Damnit.

You mean in MY hotel room, right?

Dibs.
Dibs denied

MCcelica
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
ATTN: CRISCO. Ay bro. If Luni gets his way and we do this in may after finals, I should be back by then, and if so, I will personally come down to Golden and get you. And I will drive us both out there.

That being said. I'm with Luni and vote we go in May after finals... :D

Murgatroy
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
I am leaning toward having after May. That has been one of the biggest complaints in the past. A lot of folks have had to miss cause of finals.

Grot
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
ima agree. if waiting a week or two means more members can come then i vote we wait.

CriScO
09-01-2009, 07:18 AM
ATTN: CRISCO. Ay bro. If Luni gets his way and we do this in may after finals, I should be back by then, and if so, I will personally come down to Golden and get you. And I will drive us both out there.

That being said. I'm with Luni and vote we go in May after finals... :D
Sweet. I'm still debating, but good to know that may be an option.

Mafix
09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
i'm so trying to make it next year. 2 years in a row with FAIL for me. i've got to break that.

4thgenceli
09-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I've been here for damn near 5 years and haven't attended...

< fails

MCcelica
09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Sweet. I'm still debating, but good to know that may be an option.

I'll keep you posted as to the availability of this option based on what date is chosen for the dragon versus the date I'm getting back. Only thing I ask is no biting my exhaust manifold. K?

Nitro_Alltrac
09-01-2009, 10:45 PM
i'm so trying to make it next year. 2 years in a row with FAIL for me. i've got to break that.

If we have to, we'll come and tow you down! j/k :laugh:

KoreanJoey
09-02-2009, 01:19 AM
You mean in MY hotel room, right?

Hey, it was OUR room this last Dragon.

KoreanJoey
09-02-2009, 01:20 AM
PS: Steve, if you're coming this year no more hiding out in the hotel room crying about no hockey in Tenn or whatever the hell you were doing.

Grot
09-02-2009, 01:22 AM
we have hockey... they just kinda suck.

the knoxville ice bears.

I MIGHT have a suprise for the fall dragon run.

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Suprise for the fall run? This could be interesting. Maybe a running Celica?? Nothing wrong with the Ranger though.

Grot
09-02-2009, 01:52 AM
yep should be picking up an engine for the GTS this week. im excited

CriScO
09-02-2009, 01:58 AM
I'll keep you posted as to the availability of this option based on what date is chosen for the dragon versus the date I'm getting back. Only thing I ask is no biting my exhaust manifold. K?
No deal.

:hehe:

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2009, 03:22 AM
yep should be picking up an engine for the GTS this week. im excited

Sweet! I hope everything goes well. I'm looking forward to seeing the beast! :bigthumbu

Grot
09-02-2009, 03:26 AM
me too man. i wanna see her too. hopefully i will have exaust run by then, and given her the first wax on her new paint

which reminds me, hows your paint coming?

METDeath
09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey, it was OUR room this last Dragon.

Yeah, but this year I have enough points to pay for the whole stay for the fall and spring meets. So my cost in dollars is 0 for the hotel room. So it will be MY room :lolhittin

Grot
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
so marshall, you and jas are coming for the fall meet?

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2009, 05:23 PM
which reminds me, hows your paint coming?

I'm planning on at least getting the hood and front bumper painted this weekend. I'll see how that goes and may get some more of it complete.

MCcelica
09-02-2009, 05:31 PM
No deal.

:hehe:

Fine then. I'll take my girl then. She's cuter than you anyway.

I might do that anyway. Don't tell her I told you so, but you can bite her all you want. Just don't bite my exhaust manifold. :smokin: :zombie: ug2

Mafix
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
If we have to, we'll come and tow you down! j/k :laugh:

nice. well i do need to repaint it again. (kinda getting tired of doing that) and update the body a bit and fix a couple nicks. mabye i'll wait till after the dragon? we'll see when a date is up.

METDeath
09-03-2009, 03:12 PM
so marshall, you and jas are coming for the fall meet?

I was planning on it, however, with my room mates suddenly being dicks, I may have higher priorities... like moving.

Grot
09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, i hope everything works it self out for the best for ya.

Waffles!
09-03-2009, 03:55 PM
If Marshall isn't going, neither am I. Sorry guys.

92celicagts
09-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Fine then. I'll take my girl then. She's cuter than you anyway.

I might do that anyway. Don't tell her I told you so, but you can bite her all you want. Just don't bite my exhaust manifold. :smokin: :zombie: ug2

Lmao. Homo. :-P

MCcelica
09-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Lol, the rule of deployments is this. "It's not gay if you're on a deployment."

Hahahaha

CriScO
09-06-2009, 01:27 AM
^ You just shattered my view of Marines. :hehe:

MCcelica
09-06-2009, 01:30 AM
^I'm a Paradigm breaker baby, what can I say? :hehe:

METDeath
09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Lol, the rule of deployments is this. "It's not gay if you're on a deployment."

Hahahaha

I thought that was the Navy?

92celicagts
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
fuck that lol. Navy has a different saying, HOWEVER, we do not actually follow it.

The Navy saying is "It's not gay if you're underway" Underway being out to sea, but as I said. For every Sailor I've met, I've never met a gay one. And I'm not gay, so that's helping my point. Lol.

METDeath
09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
fuck that lol. Navy has a different saying, HOWEVER, we do not actually follow it.

The Navy saying is "It's not gay if you're underway" Underway being out to sea, but as I said. For every Sailor I've met, I've never met an openly gay one. And I'm not openly gay, so that's helping my point. Lol.

FIXED

That aside, we need to keep this kind of on topic ish...

kind of... ish...

MCcelica
09-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Well, see when we're state side and want to jack around we have to call either "No-homo" or "No-Navy"... which is basically the same thing... before you do whatever gay act you're gonna do. but when you're on deployment, you don't have to call that stuff. Lol

Murgatroy
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Being a Naval Officer's son, and a Marine's grandson I know all the good ones.

Like the how the Marines are still the Navy, just the 'Men's Department.'

I pulled a good one on a ex Navy guy at work the other day. "Don't you know how to navigate by the stars? I mean, you were in the Navy. I figured the least they would do is teach you how to navigate by the stars and give blowjobs.'

MCcelica
09-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Being a Naval Officer's son, and a Marine's grandson I know all the good ones.

Like the how the Marines are still the Navy, just the 'Men's Department.'

I pulled a good one on a ex Navy guy at work the other day. "Don't you know how to navigate by the stars? I mean, you were in the Navy. I figured the least they would do is teach you how to navigate by the stars and give blowjobs.'

:laugh: :lolhittin :laugh: :owned: :laugh: Oooooohhhhhh man, that just made my night. Hahahahahaha

You know what was funny though? I used to work with this girl Li right. Well. She went off and Joined the Marine Corps. She's getting ready to head off to boot camp here in about a week and a half. A few months back I was picking 'er up from one of the delayed entrance pool functions. As we were leaving the recruiting office, a Navy recruiter comes out and says, "Hey! Were you too thinkin about joining up? Navy's got some good stuff going on!" And SHE looks the guy straight in the eye and says "Ay buddy. I already joined a department of the Navy. The MENS department." Then she sorta gave 'em this "Don't YOU feel like a wuss now?" kind of look, and walked right off. The look on his face was classic though. I cracked UP. It was the funniest combination of pissed off, confused, and disheartened as you've ever seen. :laugh:

Mr.Shaun91
09-23-2009, 07:39 PM
hey guys when is the poll gonna be up for dates....??? that way i can plan for time off of work and link up with 92celicaGTS (my brother in the navy) so we can both attend this meet.

Trance4c
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Ya, certainly would be great to get the date ironed out in the next month of so. That way those of use with vacation time coming up available from the 1st of the new year will be able to schedule before the current year end is here.

Grot
09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Murg said earlier in the thread, he will put it up in Oct or Nov

Mafix
09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
i'm in on this one. hit the drag strip and she ran great through our testing so she is ready!

Grot
09-24-2009, 03:43 PM
sweet cant wait to see her. hopefully mine will run by then

Mafix
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
should be a blast. i'll either bring my wife or my co-builder. depending on work schedules.

cbarett251
10-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I plan on bringing the third gen, though it really does need fresh bushings. Hopefully, I'll have two working celicas in a couple of months.

92celicagts
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Have we decided on definite dates yet? I gotta take leave for this, so I gotta know here in a month or two. Lol.

KM
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
The Dragon is my birthday present.
Well, technically, getting to say goodbye to you jerks is.
April 26th, bitches.

And assuming I have a working Celica when the Dragon rolls around, I'll have a hotel room. I'm not 100% sure if my girl's coming or not. She's iffy about all the curves, and doesn't want to ride the convoy. But if we're getting a room, I'm pretty sure we'd just get a 2 bed, so other people can bunk down.

Mafix
10-27-2009, 07:29 PM
depending on time i might even drag along the newest project and a backup loaded with race fuel for mine. then i can turn the boost up :)

Murgatroy
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
It is looking like the second weekend in May, the 8th through the 10th.

Murgatroy
10-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Please refer to the official thread now for posts on this subject.

Located here. (http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30053777#post30053777)