PDA

View Full Version : Calling all west coasters!

Razors_Edge
08-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Hey everyone i have been wanting to set up a meet/run along the beautiful Oregon coast for the last year now. I have decided on the 101 Oregon coast highway as the place for the run. What i need from you guys is a central location for most people as a meeting place. This meeting place will be for the meet & greet portion of the run and a quick photo op. After about an hour we would head up or down the coast on a 2-3 hour drive taking stops along the way of course for some gorgeous photo shoots then back to our meeting place for more mingleing and a tailgate party of sorts or to a resturant for lunch or dinner depending on the start of the run. Id like to do the meet in either august or july starting next year 2010. Im working on some sponsors for the run. What i need now from you is your input. I really hope we can get this thing off the ground and going strong for years to come. I could also use some help coming up with a name for this meet/run.

Photo op list(will be built on as more are found):
~Lighthouse
~Beach Jetty
~The Bay
~A look out/view point with vast panoramic ocean views
~Lake/ road side parking lot

ST185
08-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Aug or July? So next year then right

Razors_Edge
08-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Yes this would be next year.

ST185
08-19-2009, 08:37 AM
I think that would be pretty sweet since its next year. there would be plenty of time to plan everything and have ourselves a pretty organized meet

Razors_Edge
08-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Thats the idea! I have a few different places for photo ops and the drives there can be pretty fun.

ST185
08-19-2009, 08:53 AM
well lets see if this sparks the interest of anybody else over here in the west coast. it would be cool to have ourselves a run like the Dragon on the west coast since most of us cant make it over there

Razors_Edge
08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
We have one but its way up north. It's called the Ogopogo Run.

Shadowlife25
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Why not try to participate more in the community before you try setting up a meet? I don't think you realize how large an undertaking it really is...

Razors_Edge
08-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Well looks like this idea is a no go. Maybe in a year or two ill try this idea again.

93cc
08-24-2009, 05:19 AM
I'd be down for it. You should check out pstoc.org and see what interest you find there. It is a more local club.