PDA

View Full Version : JDM Yellow bulbs

Razors_Edge
08-17-2009, 08:21 AM
how do you guys feel about JDM yellow bulbs? Pros, cons?

The Captain
08-17-2009, 08:33 AM
I plan to put a yellow bulb in one headlight. Hopefully it will help with my cars seeming invisibility.

Freshnicity
08-17-2009, 09:14 AM
I have yellow bulbs in my fogs..its ok. As for yellow headlights..not my thing

METDeath
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm planning on a 3000K ("euro yellow") fog light set up with 6000K head lights

Wicked Toys
08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I run nokya yellows in my WRX Fogs. I like them.

chaos_gts
08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I had a set of Nokya yellow fogs, they were nice but didnt have the deep yellow i was going for. So i swapped them out and put some yellow capsules off a third gen prelude instead. Now it has that nice deep yellow to it :D

Pros: it looks nice and makes your car stand out more at night. And they help light up the road better when driving in rain or snow.

Cons: They dont light up the road as well as plain white ones unless you go METDeath's route :)

Razors_Edge
08-19-2009, 08:02 PM
The ones i have in my headlights currently are brighter then my previous white bulbs. I stood back from my car quite a ways to check for glares and the affect on the eye from they yellow bulbs and i have found that they are alot easier on the eyes for fellow drivers then the white bulbs.

Ryan
08-20-2009, 04:35 AM
I like the yellow bulbs. They work really well. For me, I think they make signs more visible, and they work better then the "cool blue" ones for driving period.

Okctrd
08-20-2009, 04:40 AM
i have some in my fogs and i like them alot. been using them for like two years now.

My brother has em in his headlights and they are nice, at night. Great visibility and easy on the eyes. but i've heard of cops giving people trouble, which i don't understand if they are easier on the eyes, compared to some blue hids

celica9303
08-20-2009, 06:22 AM
I have true jdm yellow bulbs in my authentic jdm fogs (original bulbs from Japan) I love the yellow fogs

Galcobar
08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
DOT standards don't really have much to do with reality anymore. The requirements of DOT is for a lousy headlight pattern too. It's all because it was written in the 1950s and nobody's updated them.

Shadowlife25
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Yellow fogs, yes.

Yellow headlamps, no.

Whiter light will provide better visibility at night, with a longer range.
Yellow is mainly for less than ideal weather conditions and has a much more limited range of usable visibility.

Razors_Edge
08-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info shadow. Here on the coast as you can imagine i get alot of fog driving at night, even in the summer the fog gets pretty thick, even more so as Oregon weather and climate is so wet. As for the local police here i have yet to be pulled over for my headlights(knock on wood). I do carry my white bulbs in the car just incase how ever as the cops here tend to be pricks ounce they have you stopped.