PDA

View Full Version : Is a really clean 92 GT automatic coupe even worth selling?

gentlejax
08-15-2009, 10:29 PM
I got a 9 month old....we have 2 cars but obviously the Cely is a little cramped and not very practical....

I drive it cause we had spent so much on it that it was hard to justify selling for a huge loss to get something else that wasnt as dependable..

car just hit 100K and runs great..looks great and is fun....

but is it even worth trying to sell to get some crap ass 4 door?

I know I will take a loss but I got about 7500 in this car since we got it at 72K miles ...

I have done just about everything maintenance or repair wise it should need except for maybe some front end bushing or something...

I got new axles ...new ac...new front rear shocks...new brakes..new tires....I got about $3500 or more in receipts....

what you think...? I just spent 2 hrs doing a 3 stage wax job on the original paint and she looks like new still...

Hipster Lawrence
08-16-2009, 02:32 AM
keep it.

Murgatroy
08-16-2009, 04:54 AM
You will be hard pressed to get more than $2500 out of it, no matter how much paperwork or work has been done to it.

Keep it. Make money, buy a 3rd car.

rizin
08-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Hey man I have had two kids since I bought my celica. Bought a kia sepia for 500 dollars when I thought it was toast I bought a honda accord for 1500 and that is my dd so save some pennies and buy a third car. But I guess it is on how much you want to keep the car that matters.

celicaGT90_05
08-16-2009, 06:11 AM
this question strikes me as odd, you admit you are taking a huge loss, then ask is it worth it to sell? Well I think you basically answered your own question with a no. You also admit what you'd get wouldn't be as dependable, so is there honestly a reason to ask? And like said, you're unlikely to see more than $2500 out of it reguardless of anything.

Now heres the thing, is it entirely necessary that the car has to go? If not, keep it, but family first and the only thing that should presuede you, especially with you seeming to want to keep it, is when you must do whats best for your family.

gentlejax
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I was just asking to see if my feeling was right...there is no way I will sell it for $2500 and then get stuck with a clunker....so I guess it stays...

bzdweezy
08-17-2009, 06:39 AM
keep it and give it to your new born as their first car