PDA

View Full Version : Blown up 3sgte :(

Boycott!Swagger
08-11-2009, 04:48 AM
So, i took my car to the ozarks. I let my buddy drive after being begged and begged.. He ran it hard, and blew it up, he refuses to pay and im broke.

What do i do in this situation. I need help, i don't want to import a new one because the previous was built up pretty solid. I need advice to what i say to my friend, also what the best parts to buy for more power and reliability. It's been a shitty month. Any and all advice will help towards my cause.

Thanks in advance.

Cavanagh
08-11-2009, 05:00 AM
If he refuses to pay, I'm sorry but that is horse****! He needs to at least pitch in with some money. I'm sorry to hear Swagger.

joe's gt
08-11-2009, 05:03 AM
No offense dude, but the fact that your car blew up is not your buddies fault unless he consistently bounced it off the rev limiter and such. If he just drove it hard up to red line a few times, its not really his fault. Its a performance engine. With the performance comes the lack of reliability.

Unless he turned up the boost on it or put 87 octane in it or was bouncing it off the rev limiter or some shit like that he really didn't do anything wrong. I wouldn't let anybody drive my car unless I was in it with them. I am assuming you just let him take it, so you don't exactly know what he did.

He could have abused it, he could have just run it hard up to redline not doing anything wrong and it broke.

What mods did u have?

Ghosty
08-11-2009, 06:36 AM
There's not much that can do anything in this situation.

If you really, really need to - you can take him to small claims court and sort it out with a judge. That may or may not be worth your time. Your experience may vary.

No, normally, there's not much you can do, except not to lend out your car to others.

Chris
08-11-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear man.

I'm sure you've heard it many times by now, and are feeling it, but never let a friend drive your car. If nothing else, for insurance purposes. But, either way people will never treat your car as nice as you will. Ever.

Lagos
08-11-2009, 08:13 AM
No offense dude, but the fact that your car blew up is not your buddies fault unless he consistently bounced it off the rev limiter and such. If he just drove it hard up to red line a few times, its not really his fault. Its a performance engine. With the performance comes the lack of reliability.

Unless he turned up the boost on it or put 87 octane in it or was bouncing it off the rev limiter or some shit like that he really didn't do anything wrong. I wouldn't let anybody drive my car unless I was in it with them. I am assuming you just let him take it, so you don't exactly know what he did.

He could have abused it, he could have just run it hard up to redline not doing anything wrong and it broke.

What mods did u have?

I'm with joe here. Dont blame your friend for problems your car already had.

Fox 21 Alpha
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Well if you aren't gonna get money, get some satisfaction and beat his ass. Lol. Yeah idk....... I'm assuming you were in the car when it happened, if not, then that wasn't smart. Really I'd just try and get a lil bit out of him to help out cause who knows whose fault it was

Mafix
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
now i wonder:
if you weren't broke then would you still post this?

Boycott!Swagger
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Meh yea i made a stupid mistake, but this dude has a history of ruining cars.. Unfortunately for myself he paid the others. I guess this was just a reason to make myself look stupid, but the only question that wasn't answered was, good replacement parts. To the mods i had, it was a t3/t4 turbo, heavy suspension work, blah blah blah. Either way im not fully blaming him for the fact that it blew up. I did let him just take it, but he has a brand new mazda speed 6 his dad bought him and shit, i assumed that if he can afford shit like that, if something did happen i would be payed back for the problem. The funny thing is, he agreed he was partly at fault. Yes the car did have problems, but as for fatal problems no. The turbo was the first to fail (i think) and it was a pretty fresh one..2k miles if i remember correctly, so some pretty heavy pushing on the car had to take place. I'm not trying to point the blame, most of the beginning of my statement was just explaining the situation. I was more just looking for good idea's on parts to buy to rebuild with and such..

As for me being stupid, believe me when i say i already know lol. Not angry just would appreciate help and not criticism, although its sometimes good. I'm not gonna take the guy to court or anything like that. After it is all said and done hes still my friend, he just won't touch my baby anymore :hehe:.

And yes Mafix i would still post this...this is celicatech no? ;)

MixMaster
08-11-2009, 05:01 PM
The turbo was the "first thing to fail"?
What EXACTLY happened to the motor?

I think Mafix was saying that if it he blew up the motor and you had the cash to fix it, would you still be trying to blame your buddy.

Mafix
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Meh yea i made a stupid mistake, but this dude has a history of ruining cars
and you let him take yours anyways?

this was just a reason to make myself look stupid
correct

Yes the car did have problems, but as for fatal problems no.
so the factory fail safe devices were not correctly working and the car had issues? i'm suprised he doesn't blame this all on you.

I'm not trying to point the blame
sure looks that way to everyone else

After it is all said and done hes still my friend
at least you're not being a total dick. unless he has read this whole post. then you're either a liar or two-faced.

believe me i'm not trying to be a dick (and yes it sounds quite that way) but prehaps you should re-read what you have written.

GT4SOM
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Sucks for the bad news, what exactly happened to the motor? Did it throw a rod? Spun a bearing??

Freshnicity
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
From whats been said, the only options that I see for you are

A) pull the motor and rebuild

B) import a new 3sgte

C) scrap the whole thing, and be done with it

As for rebuild parts, cant really tell you what to change if you rebuild it, without knowing what exactly is wrong with it

Wicked Toys
08-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Damn that sucks. But things happen so I'd look at what Freshnicity listed for options.

joe's gt
08-12-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm guessing you didn't have fuel cut set and he overboosted it and blew your engine. That's, just a guess tho. He could have cranked up your boost controller on you too. There's no harm in letting your friend drive your car IMO as long as your with him every step of the way. You already know that letting him take it by himself was stupid, so lesson learned.

I'd build a mean ass stroker motor now...:)

Boycott!Swagger
08-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Mafix im not going to even entertain you with a reply other than this...Sorry all, for all your precious time.