PDA

View Full Version : Doing Some minor n/a work..

Freshnicity
08-10-2009, 12:15 AM
On my 5sfe, since I cant turbo right now due to some current situations.

Need some info on what to do, and what not to do, heres my plans so far.

Nothing crazy.

Ebay header like Smaays($115)
CAI($25-$45)
Few suspension mods(springs/struts replaced,rear strut brace(on already)front strut brace(on)rear swaybar($180)
Exhaust, uhh, maybe 2.5" all the way back.

Nothing major, looking for something with a little more get up then my stock 5s, that will let me drive it daily.

also going to drop in a revlimiter just so i can pop it off at stoplights for the hell of it.

then paint, wheels. And ill be moving on to a 4th gen hatch to turbo with my crapload of turbo parts i now have.

Sooo..any additions or take aways from my plans?

DudeMan
08-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Cams?

Freshnicity
08-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Cams?

Eh. Only issue is that is costly. Think they got for what, $600?

I know the rev 2 cams are a little more aggressive but not sure if they will work in my rev 1 motor.

We shall see.Thanks for the input.Anyone else

Maruki-kun
08-10-2009, 01:42 AM
colt cams, $300.

Freshnicity
08-10-2009, 02:03 AM
colt cams, $300.

$300 isnt bad at all.

Could be a possibility considering itll be about 10-12 months before i can start the 4th gen turbo project. Hmm.

Got a link i can check to see where to get them?

joe's gt
08-10-2009, 06:16 AM
I'd do CAI and header first. You can't get the most out of your cams anyway until the engine can breathe. You also do a slight timing advance, keyword being slight.

Freshnicity
08-10-2009, 07:05 AM
I'd do CAI and header first. You can't get the most out of your cams anyway until the engine can breathe. You also do a slight timing advance, keyword being slight.

10BTDC is stock.

im thinking 12-13BTDC might be ok, running on 91. Our 91 sucks though. Bad.

Im ordering the intake and header next week. Down to come help put them on and see what gains are made? i owe you $3

joe's gt
08-11-2009, 02:31 AM
You can buy me a meal this time and I'll come down and help you put it on :)

I'd say 13 is safe. 15 may be pushing it, so start at 13 and see how it responds.

Maruki-kun
08-11-2009, 04:53 AM

I'd say 13 is safe. 15 may be pushing it, so start at 13 and see how it responds.
I ran 17 on my MR2's 91 5S, I don't recommend it, 91+ octane or bust. I can post up the video of the pinging on how bad it was on 83.

Freshnicity
08-11-2009, 07:24 AM

Deal.

intake should be here this week. As for the header, think next week itll be in. Ill let you know for sure.

And yeah i saw that vid of your MR2 pinging when you posted it.

Anyone ever ran nitrous on there Celicas here? If so, wet or dry kit? 50/75 shot, what? howd it hold up?

balang_479
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Id save your money if you want to eventually go turbo.

Freshnicity
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Doesnt really have to do so much the money, as it does current living situation. Hard to explain. Only thing i REALLY need to go turbo is FMIC,2bar MAP sensor and EMS to control the injectors.

To go turbo right, I need a few more things

beingblueeyes
08-14-2009, 03:47 PM

+1
If it runs well, why sink money into something that will be tossed aside in less then a year?? go out and buy a $2.00 spring and attach one end to were your throttle cable connects (on the tb) and the other end attach to your intake manifold (so there is more resistance when you open the tb) and drive like that for 2 weeks then take the spring off....your motor will feel so much more responsive and you’ll save big $$........
(make sure there are no binding probs)

Freshnicity
08-15-2009, 08:03 AM
+1
If it runs well, why sink money into something that will be tossed aside in less then a year?? go out and buy a $2.00 spring and attach one end to were your throttle cable connects (on the tb) and the other end attach to your intake manifold (so there is more resistance when you open the tb) and drive like that for 2 weeks then take the spring off....your motor will feel so much more responsive and you’ll save big $$........
(make sure there are no binding probs)

Little confused lol.

basically you want me to restrict it, so that when i take it off it feels more responsive?

Or you saying it will be.

beingblueeyes
08-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Little confused lol.

basically you want me to restrict it, so that when i take it off it feels more responsive?

yes, but there will be no restriction it will just take more effort to push down the gas peddle