PDA

View Full Version : Interchangabilty of the 3sge generations v.JDM/USDM

4thgenceli
08-02-2009, 06:02 AM
So if this is a :repost: my bad, I searched as much as I could both on the net and here.

Anyway... I may be better off to buy a new motor for Celibaby.v2. Not sure yet, depends how the crank looks. I've had my eye for about a week or so now on a 3rd gen 3sge motor (long block assembly only, no ECU/wiring harness).

I'm sure this isn't a direct drop into my car (1st generation 3sge). My question(s), can I hack up the USDM 3sge wiring harness to function with the 3rd gen 3sge, and have it work with the USDM motor?

My thoughts, it would be possible, however it would throw CEL codes left and right due to no EGR or emissions control shit on the motor. I've been trying to track down a 3rd gen 3sge harness/ecu but to no avail (unless I've been outta the look so long I've lost my edge?!)

Anyway, CLIFFS...

3rd gen 3sge able to use 1st gen USDM harness & ECU without massive CEL codes or fuel/spark delivery issues?

Grot
08-02-2009, 06:04 AM
I dont believe so, since the 1g has a TVIS system and the 3rd gen has the ACIS system, i dont think the 1g ECU could control it.

But yes i believe it is pretty much a direct bolt in minus wiring.

CriScO
08-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, sorry man, Grot's right. I can see limping a second gen head on that ECU, not a third. If you just ran the bottom end with the original head it would be fine, but that combo seems a little pointless IMO(assuming the head isn't rebuilt).

BTW, start posting these in our section instead of general, damnit! :hehe:

4thgenceli
08-02-2009, 06:28 PM
:P

I will i will.. I gotta figure out if I have everything for the motor now though. The guy was supposed to leave the motor/tranny in the hatch, but decided to install it all back into the engine bay. Hooray.