PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Support Plates

DudeMan
07-31-2009, 11:43 PM
When I did my front brakes a little while ago I noticed one of the support plates was completely missing and the cause of an ugly noise. I made one out of sheet metal as a quick fix and its worked pretty well until recently. I placed an order with 1stToyotaParts including these support plates but they are 'Unavailable'.

I just emailed them asking about it but I was wondering if anyone on here might know something. Will I have to go to a dealership in my city? Tried NAPA and that's a no go.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/dudemanxl420/P6270015.jpg

alltracman78
07-31-2009, 11:59 PM
call them
If they tell you they're unavailable, no Toyota dealer can get them for you.
However, you might be able to use a set from another model.

METDeath
08-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Snatch some out of a junkyard, plenty of other Toyota's have similar clips. I found some that worked out of a Corolla.

KoreanJoey
08-01-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm pretty we have some... unless I bought the last set.

CriScO
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Umm... Am I missing something guys?

If we're talking about the clips/wear indicators on the caliper bracket, they come in a standard disc hardware kit. Should be available at any parts store.

Galcobar
08-01-2009, 11:33 AM
:stupid:

Standard kit -- but given they run US$15-20 I'd probably just hit a junkyard. Try car-part.com to see if they can find a local yard with the relevant items.

CriScO
08-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Carlson/Brake Best PN 13250, $20 locally. According to the web I even stock the All-Trac kit in my store, so it has to be used on other models as well. The Tracs are too rare for us to stock a kit for that car alone. Looks identicle to the GT kit, BTW.

DudeMan
08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Well that's kind of weird cause as soon as I noticed they were unavailable I gave my local NAPA a call and they said they don't supply them.

I'm still suprised 1stToyota doesn't have em'. I mean they managed to get the old school dragon emblem for me no problem. but not pad clips.

Worst comes to worst I'll comb through a junk yard but I don't think I should really have to for a common maintenance part like this.

DudeMan
08-01-2009, 06:08 PM
1stToyota just got back to me, makes sense.

"Chase,
They do not come separately, they only come in a kit for both sides. I
would of corrected that on your order, But there was no Vin # for me to
verify What kind of car you had. The individual part numbers that you
selected come on several models but the kit part numbers are different.
Darrel"

When you guys place a parts order for more than one car how do you add two different VIN's?

KoreanJoey
08-01-2009, 06:48 PM
You email Darrel or Jeff. Or call. Or whatever. Basically the parts guys use the VIN number to double check against whatever part number you came up with (I think).

DudeMan
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Ah ok, thanks for the help.

I just got them to add it to the order I placed yesterday.

Got an RC bumper on the way. :)