PDA

View Full Version : Water leak in trunk

broderp
07-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I've got a mysterious light water leak in my trunk. Only after heavy rains, I get rain coming in from "somewhere".

It's not coming in through the spare tire, cause it's bone dry, with the exceptions of a few drops that roll in.

The water "pools"in the are to the left of the spare tire well where the jack tool is attached to the floor. It's enough to soak thru the carpet.

I have secondary water on the opposite side, but only when the first spot is really full of water, and it barely soaks the carpet, but I can feel it.

The spare tire cover edge nearest the back is also soaked.

I see no water leaking in from the hatch or from the sides where the internal panels are, though I have to suspect it has to be coming from here somewhere.

Has anyone fought this before? Should I be looking for any clogged drain holes, or tubes (where are they??)

There is NO RUST or anything, the car looks almost new under the carpet so it's really difficult to pinpoint.

Thanks you!

Slider
07-26-2009, 11:54 PM
The only thing I can think of is the sunroof drains. There's four of them, one going to each corner of the car. If the car has a power antenna there's a drain for that too. Not sure if the 7th gens came with power antennas :o

Shadowlife25
07-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Also check the seals around the tail lights.

PS which car, 6th or 7th gen?

broderp
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Also check the seals around the tail lights.

PS which car, 6th or 7th gen?

My 7th gen, I will take out the tail lights (been meaning to do that anyways!) and see if maybe a seal is missing, damaged, etc..

broderp
07-27-2009, 03:08 PM
The only thing I can think of is the sunroof drains. There's four of them, one going to each corner of the car. If the car has a power antenna there's a drain for that too. Not sure if the 7th gens came with power antennas :o

Yes, my 7th gen has a power antenna, but the water is on the opposite side of the leak.

Where do the sunroof drains lead to? Under tha car? If I slowly pour water into the drain channel, should be drain SOMEWHERE? :smokin:

Slider
07-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Yea you should see it dripping under the car.