PDA

View Full Version : Cars to be started by lasers instead of spark plugs

dynamic73
07-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Anyone see the article about Ford using lasers instead of spark plugs? Sound like it should really be a good alternative. And produce more HP and better MPG's.

LINK: (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5803066/Cars-to-be-started-by-lasers-instead-of-spark-plugs.html)

Tecker184
07-22-2009, 06:51 AM
why ford haha they need to give that technology to a company thats gonna put it to good use

usp45
07-22-2009, 07:18 AM
That is very cool, thanks for sharing.

I gotta ask, Does that mean we're gonna have to wait the 20 or so years for the patent before we can get it in other cars than ford?

How I would love a car with laser ignition and "saab trionic" style sensors combined!... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tecknologeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Klue
07-22-2009, 07:19 AM
another stupid cop out creation, they just dont get it.
fossil fuels are not the way of the future i dont know why they keep trying to refine its use when they can focus those efforts on the new technologies.

usp45
07-22-2009, 07:25 AM
another stupid cop out creation, they just dont get it.
fossil fuels are not the way of the future i dont know why they keep trying to refine its use when they can focus those efforts on the new technologies.

It may not be the future but I would love to see stuff like that trickle down to the aftermarket world for use on, oh say celicas, and other sports cars. too bad patents will put a stop to that just like saab and ion sensors. So yeah, I basically agree with you. It's almost as if someone somewhere wants to milk the remaining oil supplies for massive profits.... nah.... LOL

Galcobar
07-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Fossil fuels might not be, but that's not to say there won't be stop-gap replacements such as ethanol and hydrogen. The concept of internal combustion is unlikely to go away completely anytime soon.

dynamic73
07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Even if fossil fuels were replaced tomorrow. I'd still like to see some new technology for our older cars.

I'm not selling my car. Even if the new cars are 10 times better. When and if the new future cars hit the market. I still want to have a classic car or 2 to have fun with.

extremeskillz
07-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Sad that we have to have classic cars to have fun with. Future cars suck! With that said if they built a fast electric sports car, at a good price and powered by hydro instead of battery, i would be get one!