PDA

View Full Version : Restoring my 95, Post accident..

broderp
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Since I have to buy a new hood, fender, front bumper from the radiator forward (and a bunch of misc parts) to fix my wrecked Celica, do the GT4 hood and fenders bolt on? I've always loved the aggressive look with the hood scoop and all.

Is there a source in the US for these parts?

Would I search for GT4 or TRD? I remember reading there were some subtle differences, but like I said, since I'm only to replace just about everything from the radiator forward....why not? :cool:

Shadowlife25
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Hood bumper and fenders are a direct bolt on. I am not sure if the bumper support is different or not though.

presure2
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
yes, the bumper support is diffrent, as well as the crash bar and frame rail brackets that the crash bar bolts to.
there is a very detailed write up on the conversion on 6gc.net in the exterior forum sticky.

broderp
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
yes, the bumper support is diffrent, as well as the crash bar and frame rail brackets that the crash bar bolts to.
there is a very detailed write up on the conversion on 6gc.net in the exterior forum sticky.

Good thing I have to replace all those part most likely! (the pic you put up was the one I was thinking about when I thought of the idea, :wiggle:

I've got some reading to do.....